Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Funniest I Heard

BoatFloating
    ouch!!! that was putting salt in the open wound!!!
    Hey D how many inches below the bottom is your X dimension..... I hope it's not above the bottom because Lakeland says that's not the way it should be. Why don't you put yours at 3" below and you tell me if you too won't be HOPPING mad
    Too bad Rock, I bet you're hopping mad.
    Sorry just too easy, and I really am bummed you lost, because we all know your set-up was way off.
    Oh you're funny.....
    I'm not HOPPING mad anymore because I set it up properly and I don't have that problem anymore. Let's see 3" below the bottom HOPPING all over and max speed 78 MPH 5500 RPM. I put brackets where should be. 1" above 95 MPH and 6300 RPM's.....
    You be the judge....

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Hey D how many inches below the bottom is your X dimension..... I hope it's not above the bottom because Lakeland says that's not the way it should be. Why don't you put yours at 3" below and you tell me if you too won't be HOPPING mad
    Oh you're funny.....
    I'm not HOPPING mad anymore because I set it up properly and I don't have that problem anymore. Let's see 3" below the bottom HOPPING all over and max speed 78 MPH 5500 RPM. I put brackets where should be. 1" above 95 MPH and 6300 RPM's.....
    You be the judge....
    glad you fixed it correctly. do you do Gel? LOL!!

RiverDave
    Pictures as promised....
    Brackets Delivered
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...55DSC02494.JPG
    After Lakeland cut them... Notice the bolt showing???? And the great quality powder coating. These were 5 months old 2 months in water.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...55DSC03500.JPG
    Were they mounted them originally.... Notice how low... No wonder thet cut them
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...55DSC02535.JPG
    Then after I made new Brackets and mounted at correct height...
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...bracketsgd.jpg
    So you be the judge???
    What do you think???? :idea: :jawdrop: :idea:
    Rocky it's kinda hard to tell what's going on in the pics here.. It looks like they cut the bottom of the brackets off to mount them lower? As well with the cracked powdercoating, did Lakeland do that? Or was the powdercoat fresh from GRP? Then lakeland cut the bottom of them and never repowdered leaving an exposed area? What's going on there?
    On the new brackets did you have GRP make you another set?
    As well the new brackets look to be a different design then the old brackets? Are they the same setback, as well as "height" (raising lowering X?)
    RD

BoatFloating
    glad you fixed it correctly. do you do Gel? LOL!!
    Yep you hit any walls lately???
    Rocky it's kinda hard to tell what's going on in the pics here.. It looks like they cut the bottom of the brackets off to mount them lower? As well with the cracked powdercoating, did Lakeland do that? Or was the powdercoat fresh from GRP? Then lakeland cut the bottom of them and never repowdered leaving an exposed area? What's going on there?
    On the new brackets did you have GRP make you another set?
    As well the new brackets look to be a different design then the old brackets? Are they the same setback, as well as "height" (raising lowering X?)
    RD
    All good questions Dave. You asked more questions then the judge did.
    1.Yes Lakeland cut bottoms and the top see exposed bolt not in original. Then Lakeland re-coated. The cracking was after 5 months of being on boat and 2 months of use.
    2. GRP made a new set because the other ones looked like crap after they cut them and bolt exposed.
    3. They do look different cosmetically but that's it. The set back is the same and mounting holes are the same. I had to raise the brackets because I couldn't raise motors from 1 1/2" below bottom. So we removed old ones raisedup 1 hole 5" centers filled bottm holes and remonted. The lowered motor to 1" above bottom and runs and handles like a champ...
    Have you ever heard of a starting point of 3" below the bottom??????

RiverDave
    If your asking me, then the answer would be no.. Atleast not for a Cat anyways. 3 inches seems pretty deep. My opinion is pretty irrelevant though, becuase I'm not an expert in setups of any kind with boats.. The only things I know is from what I've learned on here, read in books, and seen work in person. With a brand new hull design though (was new back then wasn't it?) that had never been rigged with O/B's I'm not sure anyone could've accurately told ya the exact spot to start.. I would've guessed Even, + 1 or maybe - 1 as a starting point and moving from there.
    RD

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Yep you hit any walls lately???
    All good questions Dave. You asked more questions then the judge did.
    1.Yes Lakeland cut bottoms and the top see exposed bolt not in original. Then Lakeland re-coated. The cracking was after 5 months of being on boat and 2 months of use.
    2. GRP made a new set because the other ones looked like crap after they cut them and bolt exposed.
    3. They do look different cosmetically but that's it. The set back is the same and mounting holes are the same. I had to raise the brackets because I couldn't raise motors from 1 1/2" below bottom. So we removed old ones raisedup 1 hole 5" centers filled bottm holes and remonted. The lowered motor to 1" above bottom and runs and handles like a champ...
    Have you ever heard of a starting point of 3" below the bottom??????
    no we haven't taken that boat out at all. trying to keep it clean before the sale.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    damn I hate when I post something and it doesn't advance..

BoatFloating
    If your asking me, then the answer would be no.. Atleast not for a Cat anyways. 3 inches seems pretty deep. My opinion is pretty irrelevant though, becuase I'm not an expert in setups of any kind with boats.. The only things I know is from what I've learned on here, read in books, and seen work in person. With a brand new hull design though (was new back then wasn't it?) that had never been rigged with O/B's I'm not sure anyone could've accurately told ya the exact spot to start.. I would've guessed Even, + 1 or maybe - 1 as a starting point and moving from there.
    RD
    Exactly even and adustment + or -. But what they did was put in center hole 3" below. so that gave me a max of 1 1/2" below or 4 1/2" below. Bottom line they didn't give me any testing adjustment period....

BoatFloating
    no we haven't taken that boat out at all. trying to keep it clean before the sale.
    What selling it already?????? You kill me

RiverDave
    Exactly even and adustment + or -. But what they did was put in center hole 3" below. so that gave me a max of 1 1/2" above or 4 1/2" below. Bottom line they didn't give me any testing adjustment period....
    Well I wouldn't say that.. They gave you testing adjustment for a less then usefull test.
    RD

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast