Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essex

gabe79
    I seen an essex aleandria 29'. Twin stock 6.2 engines. What kind of speed is he getting with those two. I already left a message waiting on a call back.

gabe79

DeltaSigBoater
    I take it this is the boat? (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/2/90324922.htm)
    Here's the performance part of a rewiew that ***boat did. My take is that it's from 1999-2001. I'm thinking you are going to get about the same speed with Twin 6.2s, as you would with a single big block.
    The chosen power source for this Alandra was a single MerCruiser 500HP (carbureted, 470 pshp, 502 cubic inches) with a stock Bravo 1.5:1 drive unit. The propeller was also an out-of-the-box MerCruiser Bravo engine package was a 7.4 MPI MerCruiser. If desired, Essex will build the Alandra with twin small-block V-8s.
    From our initial test-drive impressions, the 500HP is an excellent choice, but a regular 502 MPI wouldn't be bad either. The 500HP (which was actually a little underpropped since we were bumping a maximum of 5,250 rpm with no problem) delivered excellent acceleration numbers (zero to on-plane in less than six seconds, and zero to 50 mph in only 15 seconds) that said a lot about the torque of the 500HP and the well-refined bottom design of the Alandra.
    On the top end, we maxed the Alandra out at 66.3 mph on our Stalker radar gun with a two-passenger load and smooth water conditions. In our opinion, if you wanted to achieve a slightly higher number, switch to a 24-pitch, drop the rpm by 200 to 300 and take a good, long run at 67 or 68--plenty fast enough for a Lexus-like cuddy bowrider that has the potential to seat up to 16. And in case you suspect that a big, single-stem-drive 29-footer might be a little awkward cutting corners, that doesn't apply to the Alandra. Turns were smooth, precise and surprisingly tight, being free of any hint of propeller ventilation. In fact, if you harbor any hesitation about driving a boat in this size range, you need to take this beauty for a test ride; you'll greatly appreciate how pilot-friendly it really is.

Throttle
    and I thought you had something negative to say about essex road...

gabe79
    So twice the pain in the ass for nothing????

DeltaSigBoater
    So twice the pain in the ass for nothing????
    Yaeh thats what I'm thinking... You know for a few more grand, you could buy a 270 Hallett. Cant recall who it was, but someone one here owns this 270-T (http://www.boattraderonline.com/cadd...1/90324941.htm)

Outnumbered
    I think I would choose the Essex.:idea: Bigger twins, newer, bigger, etc. The Essex is a very high quality boat. Both seem like pretty good deals. If you could pick that Essex up for $55k you would be doing well.

BajaMike
    I take it this is the boat? (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/2/90324922.htm)
    If it's that boat, I think it's way over-priced........:idea:

DeltaSigBoater
    If it's that boat, I think it's way over-priced........:idea:
    :idea:

milkmoney
    essex has agreat product just make sure you dont use their dealership for anything find a good shop to go to customer service is not worth a sh t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast