Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Think this kid has a future?

thatguy
    seen this awhile back man the lil dude rocks...i sure would like to see more kids pick up a damn musical intrument than a fokin playstation controler...
    BINGO!, We have a winner.
    Tommy

thatguy
    It was easy for Led Zeppelin to imitate. They ripped off that song like they did with most of their other hits.
    Hey, Thanks for the PM and the clip! I will add it to my Zep memorabilia.
    I take exception a little to the statements about them claiming authorship. That is a little mispoken. The fact is that Zepplin never listed proper crediting on their albums. Any further investigating quickly reveals proper authorship. Always has. And in the books I have read, they personally always told the influences, by song and author. In other words, they are not revealing any news that wasn't known at the time of the albums. The casual listner may find all this shocking, but it was known all along.
    That is exactly why the critics always slammed them.
    Why did they do it? Simple, Page was always known in music circles as "Led Wallet". He is openly known in the industry as the most greedy basturd ever. (besides the manager, Peter Grant) Zepplin was created by Page to be one thing, the most succesful COMERCIAL band ever. In that He succeeded. Grant and Page invented the modern concert pay system. The venues used to clean up, they changed that. Grant would take 90% of the gross and supply all the support.
    Some authors did not mind, Zepplin did the covers better than every original in my book. The authors in some cases were happy for the exposure. Page was interested in money, and the fact that he is the master of the guitar helped his cause and made it possible.
    Tommy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123