Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foreign signage

AzMandella
    Seems Conservatives have been running the Federal Govt. I agree that there is way too much waste in Govt. Damn Republicans
    I guess you didn't read that properly.I said liberals not democrats.I know the two terms can be synonimous(sp) but Republicans also have some liberal veiws on certain subjects.I actualy was refering to the ACLU and other leftist crazies who keep pushing all this "Politically Correct" B.S..But when my friend who is from Austrailia and has lived in this country for 20 years legally applies for citizenship and has to take a written and verbal english test to become a citizen but we don't make the Spanish speking people do it is B.S. By the way the only language he speaks is english. Go figure. I guess if you are white you have to abbide by the law but if your hispanic you should get a free pass even if you are breaking the law.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I guess you didn't read that properly.I said liberals not democrats.I know the two terms can be synonimous(sp) but Republicans also have some liberal veiws on certain subjects.I actualy was refering to the ACLU and other leftist crazies who keep pushing all this "Politically Correct" B.S..But when my friend who is from Austrailia and has lived in this country for 20 years legally applies for citizenship and has to take a written and verbal english test to become a citizen but we don't make the Spanish speking people do it is B.S. By the way the only language he speaks is english. Go figure. I guess if you are white you have to abbide by the law but if your hispanic you should get a free pass even if you are breaking the law.
    AZ,
    I don't think the Citizenship laws are different for the Spanish speaking, at least I would hope not. I did misunderstand the Liberal comment. There are some crazies on the far left for sure. My 'Damn Republicans" comment was said in jest.

BILLY.B
    So I get to my shop today and as I pull into the complex the new neighbor has ratty old boxes (huge) stacked about 4 high and taking up both sides of the parking lot with trash all over the ground and there piece of $hit cars parked in my spots. This has been going for sometime but this was by far the worse that it had gotten. I tried to talk to them (as nice as possible) but of course they don't understand a word of english (I think they can there just playing stupid) so they pay no never mind and go about there day. I call the property manager and tell him that I didn't sign up to have my business in Northern Tijuana and if they can't handle the deal they need to pay to relocate me. Within the 1/2 hr they were on it and forced the owner to rent another building to store his $hit. Of course now I get dirty looks but oh well i'm just done with all of this $hit.

Moneypitt
    So I get to my shop today and as I pull into the complex the new neighbor has ratty old boxes (huge) stacked about 4 high and taking up both sides of the parking lot with trash all over the ground and there piece of $hit cars parked in my spots. This has been going for sometime but this was by far the worse that it had gotten. I tried to talk to them (as nice as possible) but of course they don't understand a word of english (I think they can there just playing stupid) so they pay no never mind and go about there day. I call the property manager and tell him that I didn't sign up to have my business in Northern Tijuana and if they can't handle the deal they need to pay to relocate me. Within the 1/2 hr they were on it and forced the owner to rent another building to store his $hit. Of course now I get dirty looks but oh well i'm just done with all of this $hit.
    Billy, sounds as though you need some ICE officers as frequent visitors. Hell, just the normal crew with INS/ICE hats might do the job....Then again, even the stupid ones understand FU#% YOU.........Ray

riverfun
    Hey Ultra, gov. money (our taxes) has been spent. Here in Long Beach when you go vote the ballets are in no less than 6 languages. For the record, I will gladly accept people comming here (to MY country the U.S.) legally if I can have the same rights given to me in THEIR country that they get. By the way Im not just talking about Mexico, I dont understand why we let businesses and people from other countries buy our land and businesses when we cant do the same in their country.

Schiada76
    You racist!
    There was an article in yesterdays paper about the court interpreters all being on strike. Some messian bitch who opened a "pharmacy" was complaining, through an interpreter" that eet wasn't fairs, I needs ans interpreter to fights me case". Who the hell do you think pays for the interpreters Ultra?
    Billy you are definetly missing out on a free labor opportunity here, leave a couple of hulls out every night with a case of assorted rattle cans on the deck.
    Next morning after a couple of coats of clear you'll have a beautiful vato v-drive.

............Larry;
    When Lou starts to "WHINE" about this chit...."WE'RE DONE"

ULTRA26 # 1
    You racist!
    There was an article in yesterdays paper about the court interpreters all being on strike. Some messian bitch who opened a "pharmacy" was complaining, through an interpreter" that eet wasn't fairs, I needs ans interpreter to fights me case". Who the hell do you think pays for the interpreters Ultra?
    Billy you are definetly missing out on a free labor opportunity here, leave a couple of hulls out every night with a case of assorted rattle cans on the deck.
    Next morning after a couple of coats of clear you'll have a beautiful vato v-drive.
    The topic of this thread relates to foreign language signs. The State of CA requires that my office Spanish speaking employees of staff. Do I think this is bullsh*t? Of course. However, this has nothing to do with the China Town, Alvera Street, etc.type foreign language signs which I don't take issue with.

Steve 1
    The way I have been dealing with them is when asked if I speeekie espanish / the reply is a flat no I am an American!
    That usually gets them speaking English or they leave and so not bother me again. The Spanish spoke here (language of inferiority) is just a rude slap in the face as I see it.

Steve 1
    For your enjoyment suggested border defense.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ndnk8aiQmM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123