Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about towing this?

ChumpChange
    Went to the RV show yesterday and thinking about the www.keystone-fuzion.com 373 model. What do you think about towing that with my new 2007 2500HD Duramax?
    Anybody have one of these trailers?

vee-driven
    You can doooo'it

BLOWN HOWARD
    See people doing it all the time. Is it safe? maybe. Nice Rig!!!!! I see people towing 40ft toyhaulers all the time.

CampbellCarl
    What's the towing rating on the D/Max? Specs show the trailer @ 12,500 or so, plus whatever you add. Guessing you'd be pushing 15K. I suppose it's possible but seems that you'd be pukkering that new seat bottom!
    CC

Racer277
    Went to the RV show yesterday and thinking about the www.keystone-fuzion.com 373 model. What do you think about towing that with my new 2007 2500HD Duramax?
    Anybody have one of these trailers?
    Have the dealer weigh it for you.
    It should cost them about $10 for a weight slip.
    Note everything considered dealer options is probably not listed on the tag. I bet it weighs more than you and they think. Also, verify the axles and tires are up to the total weight. You may not be able to put everything you want in there without going overweight.

curtis73
    I say hell no. GVW on that trailer is over 16k. You are strictly into 1-ton dually territory there, and its gotta be crew cab long bed.
    I tow a 32' fiver with my HD2500 Dmax. Its a crew cab short bed. The trailer is GVW of 10,600 and it does beautifully. I'd push it to 12k and 34', but you're talking serious billboard action at 39' with that 373. When you're dealing with boats or flatbeds, use GVW and tow capacity. When you're dealing with an RV with 320 sq-ft of billboard behind you, don't even consider it. One good blast of air and you're in a ditch.
    It will also depend on how much you tow. Trust me on this one as a guy who has lived a conglomerate of 13 of his 34 years living in an RV... it makes a WORLD of difference. If you are just going up the road 40 miles twice a year, who cares... tow it with a bicycle, but if you are looking at really using this RV, the right tow vehicle makes the difference between arriving happy and refreshed, or arriving with white knuckles beating the wife and kids.
    Don't try to max out the RV for your tow vehicle, get what your tow vehicle can logically handle without killing you or otherwise making you want to kill anything else
    Edit: and by the way... NEVER use shipping weight as your guide. A recent highway study showed that 54% of surveyed RVs were OVER their GVW. I don't care how light you pack, a tank of water, some canned food, and your supplies for a weekend can easily put you at or over GVW. Always assume GVW in your calculations.

Brewzed
    My friend bought one of these a few months ago. He tows it with his F-250 powerstroke without any problems. Your dmax will pull it fine. A 2WD Dmax crewcab short bed max trailer weight is 15,200#. You just have to pay attention to how heavy you load it. You should keep it below the max. weight your truck will handle.
    The only strange thing they do with these trailers is the pipe the generator exhaust out to the lounge side of the trailer where the door and the awning is. If your hanging out and your generator is running you get high from the exhaust fumes.

ChumpChange
    Thanks for the replies guys. I looked on other boards but this one seems to get the most traffic, even for off topic questions like this one.
    Curtis73: Thanks for the really logical post. I really have no toys to weigh this thing down but in time getting some will only make it heavier. I would hope to go many places with this trailer all across the country.
    Brewzed: Thanks for the input on that exhaust pipe. I will make sure I look at that.

Brewzed
    Also, check to make sure it has the new tires on it. My buddy had a recall notice for the tires. He had to have all 6 replaced. They came to him, but still something you shouldn't have to deal with. His is an '07, so they my have changed the exhaust on the '08s. Look at the outdoor speakers. They had regular car speakers in his and the sun and weather ate them up.
    Other than the exhaust, it's a really nice set up. Very comfortable.

CMac
    The truck will do it. But the insurance company might counter sue you if something goes wrong.
    I converted my 2500HD to a 10 bolt dually, added air bags, 456 gears, gas shocks, headers, etc. etc. so I could tow a 17,000 lb boat. BTW, it towes like a champ up the mountains to Powell. But, the whole insurance thing has got me runnin for a new truck. Now I'm trading it in for an F450. Don't waste any money on it like I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast