Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think about towing this?

rivrrts429
    I think your crazy, but I would have said the opposite before this past weekend. I have an F-350 powerstroke and I tow my 37 Next Level 5'er with it, but due to a car accident a couple weeks ago I had to bring my trailer home from the River with my Bro inlaws 07 2500 hd shortbed Duramax.
    Holy shit was that sketchy. Any kind of breeze was pushing me around, even when getting passed by autos in the fast lane. It was night and day towing with my 1 ton long bed and towing with his 3/4 ton Duramax. My next level comes in around 12.5k dry weight and fully loaded at 16.5k. Keep in mind that you are overweight regardless if your trailer is empty. The highway patrol can pull you over and if your trailers "potential" carrying weight exceeds your trucks rated capacity you get nailed, unless you have a class "A" non-commercial, but then your insurance can decline coverage if your in an accident due to oversized load.
    Like my first post says, I would've said your good to go last week. But once I towed mine home with the Dura I would'nt do it.
    Either look for a smaller trailer or a bigger truck. Good luck with your search.
    Richard

riverroyal
    37ft warrior,now I have a 40 ft 5th wheel.If your trucks a long bed 4 door it not a big deal.Airbag the truck also.Then just take your time.You may be illegal on weight,thats not real good.

Magic34
    Buy my dually and you are all good up to 40'.
    Seriously.

jackpunx
    I tow a 40' cyclone with a lifted f250. I have installed airbags and took the larger tires off and went doen to 35"s.
    Im currently looking to put the stock springs back on the truck and lowering it a little more. The front end hunts and floats just a little bit.. I towed it back from Calcity this last weekend in the wind and it was a little sketchy but I drive the speed limit so it was not as bad as some of the other guys all over the road trying to pass me.. It is over weight though. I also tow this trailer with a Comercial tractor most of the time.. but when we go dry camping in the dirt or sand.. I want to have the 4x4 just in case.. I have a CDL and lots of experience with towing.. If I could afford it.. I would just get the new f450 and call it a day..
    but my 250 gets the job done.
    just make sure you have your trailer brakes dialed in , a good set of air bags and plan ahead.

SnoC653
    While I haven't pulled a Toy box or RV, I pull my 30 foot gooseneck horse trailer all over the place. Don't just think of local winds when you consider the wind blowing the trailer around. You mentioned you want to haul it all over. As you go through the mountains the winds can play havoc with a 3/4 ton pulling a big flat sided trailer. Get the bigger dualy and have piece of mind that you have the best setup you can have. And it's not just the winds you have to deal with. Sudden lane changes avoiding bad drivers can take you out quicker with the 3/4 ton than with the 1 ton. You wouldn't under equip your boat for the task at hand, why would you do it to your truck?

Josh4Repos
    If you are still looking for a 5th wheel, check this out. I don't know much about the different makes and models, but I know this is a good price.
    Call Chris at (714) 895-2628 Ext 1 if you have questions.
    http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168582

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12