Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Are your kids in public school???

OutCole'd
    Is this thread really still going??

boatsnblondes
    I'm gonna do this one last post on this issue, then leave it in my rear view mirror. When I found the original article, I was shocked, yes, as were some, but not all of you. Some decided to read the law as I did, and since reading is interpretive, what I take away from a read article, can be and is possibly different from what another will discern from it. That said, since I don't know or have a studied background in this bill, I have to rely that the folks who wrote it know more than me about it. That there is more to the story than just the article or the bill itself. So I stood my ground on that issue. That the article, and even the bill are not the whole story, that this has been an ongoing item, and that a lot of info got left in the trashbin when it was written. While I tried to say, look at this, or this , or this article, the only proof that was submitted by the other side was only the law itself. Never one article to prove the original article was wrong. Laws are writen in an ambivolant aire on purpose, so that there can be as wide an interpretation as is possible. I do still believe, that whatever caused the author/s of the original article to write such a drastic piece, they knew there was more to the story than what was printed. Those that opposed the article cited religious reasons, called it religious extremism, and dimissed it. On those grounds. They never took into account that sometimes, just sometimes, authors, writing from a religious point of view, could/can be right. I find that saddening...else where are we going to get info that would give us cause to pause on the issue?
    As for my family's school. It never has been, nor will it ever be a Christian school. Though the vast majority of our students do come from that background, all are most welcome. I would appreciate it, if in the future, if you need to cite the schools as a referance, please remember this....and do so accordingly..thanks...I'm off this thread....<POOF>

Eye tiger
    So much for bnb

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425