Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOLD!!! wife has infection!!!!!!

Sanger D
    Can anyone PLEASE help us , my wife caught an infection from mold in the building she works at. The company will can her if she says anything and the doctor told her she should not go back or it will get even worse, called EPA and DEQ and OSHA and also the health department,we can not get anywhere ,does anyone know of an attorney in Arizona who can handle this. I'm really scarred for my wife right now,she's pretty sick,I've been prayin pretty hard. Any help would be so greatly appriciated. Thanks
    Darin and Nicole

riverroyal
    mold is the new asbestos

Mandelon
    There are no govenmental established Personal Exposure Limits. A certain amount of mold exposure is normal, excess presence of spores and hyphae is not. The government has not or will not pick a level.
    Personally I think that if they did, it would open them up to lots of expensive lawsuits and mitigation work.
    Have her take lots of photos. Try to document her ill effects. The doctors have to be pretty savvy to prove the issues.
    Additionally I'd hire an industrial hygienist to come in and take some samples of the air and dust present in the office...even if they have to do it on the sly.
    I am certified for mold remediation and inspection. but again, not by the state. There is no recognized license or certification by either arizona or ca.
    google these site AmIAQC, IESO, IAQA also check out http://toxic.mold-help.org there are forums there.

Sanger D
    The only way to test for mold is to get the building owners permission, (that aint goona happen) or a court order, hence , I need an attorney!!!! what to do first???? not to worried about the job, just want them to pay and my wife to get better!this company needs to be nailed,they are very bad to employees,arizona is right to work state, it really sucks.

Mandelon
    She could do tape lift samples herself....consult with a hygienist and see what they suggest.
    Do her symptoms go away when she is away from the office for a few days?

CHAD1
    How Do You Know She Was Exposed At Work? Is It Visable? If So Take Picks And Tell Her Boss...think About Her Coworkers , They Need To Know!!!

westair
    The only way to test for mold is to get the building owners permission, (that aint goona happen) or a court order, hence , I need an attorney!!!! what to do first???? not to worried about the job, just want them to pay and my wife to get better!this company needs to be nailed,they are very bad to employees,arizona is right to work state, it really sucks.
    How do you know its from that building? You can buy a test kit from Home Depot for 10.00, let it sit for a couple days and then send it to their lab .... takes about a week and you get complete results of everything your breathing. It will tell whats harmful and what is not.

Mandelon
    But it won't tell you the concentrations of what's there. And not all airborne spores are going to grow in the petri dish. some are quicker growing that others.
    Basics here...buy some glass slides at a hobby store and use some old fashioned scotch tape. Not the opaque invisible kind the old clear type.
    have her pick up dust sample from here and there, on top of pictures, behind stuff...wherever there is dust, mold will be in it.
    If she can get the doctor to support her she can make a workers comp claim, and an attorney can force testing to be done....but it won't be cheap for either.
    Does she have respiratory issues, skin rashes, aspergilliosis?? Some of the more robust types can grow in your lungs......

blown428fe
    Where is your wifes infection? Lungs? hope she gets better. I had a brain infection this summer that was caused by my history of ear infections. going back under the knife next Monday, not looking foward to it. Good luck to the both of you.

Faceaz
    Question for you Mandelon,
    I had heard there are (2) different types of mold found in buildings. One being black mold that would be created from a leaking sewer system & another that's created just by too much moisture or maybe roof leaks. Is that true? I was told it's only the black mold that's harmful - any truth to this?
    ~ Thanks,
    But it won't tell you the concentrations of what's there. And not all airborne spores are going to grow in the petri dish. some are quicker growing that others.
    Basics here...buy some glass slides at a hobby store and use some old fashioned scotch tape. Not the opaque invisible kind the old clear type.
    have her pick up dust sample from here and there, on top of pictures, behind stuff...wherever there is dust, mold will be in it.
    If she can get the doctor to support her she can make a workers comp claim, and an attorney can force testing to be done....but it won't be cheap for either.
    Does she have respiratory issues, skin rashes, aspergilliosis?? Some of the more robust types can grow in your lungs......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast