Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Corvette SS

riverbound
    My parents have had a deposit on one for quite some time...cant wait

CBadDad
    Very Cool!!!!
    .....I just hope they are not available in white...never understood why anyone would want a white Vette anyway.
    RTJas
    I like white....It's the fastest color.

scooooter7
    $41K for the Shelby? Best deal in town!!

Kilrtoy
    $41K for the Shelby? Best deal in town!!
    BULLSHIT,
    I was at the dealer last week, 70K

OGShocker
    BULLSHIT,
    Tell him how you really feel, Mig'.
    I wish they would put the ZR1 package in the new Camaro. I really need a four seater.

Cole Trickle
    It's too bad that Chevy went the budget route and supercharged a 6.2 LS3 instead ot the LS7. The LS7 is a much better platform with dry sump ect...
    Darrell.
    LS7 is a great NA motor.
    It's high compression ratio and internals make it a terrible choice for FI.(I would not turbo/supercharge the current Z06.....N20 would be a much wiser desision)
    Lets not forget that they have a target price in mind and a forged lower compression LS7 with a 10K blower sitting on top would probably add quite a bit to the price tag.(LS3 is being mass produced)
    Lastly the current Z06 is faster than a Ford GT with 500hp. The SS is going to be an absolutely scary car to drive on the street with 650+. I would say that mid 10's at 135+ in the 1/4 are doable on a street tire and 9's with something a little stickier. :sqeyes:
    Get your checkbooks ready.....I would expect 150K+ for the first year

ck7684
    I like the hood, but I dont like the Z06 side scoops at all. They dont fit the rest of the bodywork and just sorta bulge out. They could have been done better. Hopefully they will use different wheels on the SS too. I think for 100K I'd like to have the LS7 also...

Cole Trickle
    BULLSHIT,
    I haven't seen anywhere 40K either.
    Stock it's a heavy car and the performance is so/so
    Here is a video of one with a whipple swap, solid rear axle and a 50shot.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a...b9016c889c.htm
    I was pretty damm impressed the first time I saw it that pig is making a ton of power.

meaniam
    It is identical to the c6r. I looked everywhere for that exact hood for my corvette. I really like the looks of this better then the first spy photo supposedly leaked 8 months ago. The front fenders look great the way they are vented across the top. And the rear decklid is awesome. A great looking car.

DMOORE
    LS7 is a great NA motor.
    It's high compression ratio and internals make it a terrible choice for FI.(I would not turbo/supercharge the current Z06.....N20 would be a much wiser desision)
    Lets not forget that they have a target price in mind and a forged lower compression LS7 with a 10K blower sitting on top would probably add quite a bit to the price tag.(LS3 is being mass produced)
    Lastly the current Z06 is faster than a Ford GT with 500hp. The SS is going to be an absolutely scary car to drive on the street with 650+. I would say that mid 10's at 135+ in the 1/4 are doable on a street tire and 9's with something a little stickier. :sqeyes:
    Get your checkbooks ready.....I would expect 150K+ for the first year
    You don't think that Chevy is able to put lower compression pistions in an engine they are going to supercharge? What part of the engine would make it a bad choice to supercharge , the titanium rods, the titanium valves, or the dry sump? Sorry don't buy it. Even if you were to take a 70k Z06 and add all the supercharging goodies, that's still a 30K price increase!!!
    BTW there are a number of 1000 hp plus ls7 off road cars running around.
    Chevy is just trying to do this car on the cheap.
    Darrell.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast