Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rhino In Chevy shortbed question

Ivan Dan
    I've been eyeing that trailer ever since it was 1st up for sale. Its perfect except for one thing........ NO SHITTER!!!!!!!!!!
    "Clark, that there's an RV!"
    "Merry Christmas Clark.....Shitter was full!"

djunkie
    "Clark, that there's an RV!"
    "Merry Christmas Clark.....Shitter was full!"

Riomouse911
    I tow a Nautique with my Rhino in the bed of an f250SD (long bed, no tailgate on) all the time and it's a load in that. In a 1500 shortbed, it'll sway, rock, and roll everywhere except where you want it to go unless a) you use supersprings or an equivilent, and b) fab a 3/4" sheet of plywood under a pair of 2x6's that the rear wheels rest on. Mine just fits without an extension, and I've seen folks using a similar set up.
    I tie the rig into the bed using a 20' 10000 lb ratcheting load strap that uses the front tie down rings and another one through the cage using some side tie-down rings to stop a bit of the top heavy sway.
    To keep the Rhino from becoming a rear seat passenger under braking, I bolted down a 65" long piece of 2"x2" angle iron over the topcap of the front of the bed. When you crank it down to hold it in with no tailgate, and then apply the brakes when you're cut off on the highway, the rhino likes to shift forward so it bends the front of the bed until it touches the cab. The angle iron keeps it much more rigid.
    I have a trailer for the Rhino, (I'm setting it up to tow two of them) but this arrangement allows me to bring two different toys instead of just one.

INSman
    I'm surprised a lot of people put a Rhino in those truck beds. Sure seems like a big risk for damage when a thousand dollar trailer would prevent it. :idea:
    quit trying to be so sensible ....

caroftheweek
    I will say now that I live in AZ and you can tow a trailer at 90 like everyone else, I have not put it in the truck bed. I became concerned when the tie down loops in my old truck started to bend along with the front of the bed box. I think that may have been from the dirt road into Havasu Palms.
    It is good to know that it can be done but I don't like to do it all the time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345