Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help or no OP6??????????????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I think the hole might be a tab bit bigger than .040 if not the same. Well I guess I just have to pull the motor out "AGAIN" and put a new plug back in. i think I will be drilling a very,very small hole this time I sure hope this helps, if not I will be pissed off. i just want to be reliable at op6, is that too much to ask for??????????(Why Me)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    What if I put a new plug in with no hole? Will it make a huge difference? Do I have to have the a hole in that plug? Is it crutial?

kp216
    396_WAYS_TO_SPIT:
    Ok heres what I came up with. The dipstick hasnt shown signs of water yet,only the filler neck(milky). 396 - If no water is showing up on the dipstick and only the filler neck is looking slightly milky, I'm kind of leaning toward low oil temperature. If your oil isn't getting up to proper temp, it won't burn off the condensation present inside the block.
    Just my thoughts

Liberator TJ1984
    396_WAYS_TO_SPIT:
    What if I put a new plug in with no hole? Will it make a huge difference? Do I have to have the a hole in that plug? Is it crutial?
    396 I am not an Olds guy but that hole is there for a reason , heard people speak of them before so I would not plug it..
    also I run low oil temps on my motor at times and inside the valve covers it looks like shaving cream eek! until I run it long enough to burn off condensation ,,,so if no water on dipstick or chocolate milk oil maybe its OK

skeepwerkzaz
    I agree with the above post on operating temp....You said you had a prob with that...What was the prob? Too hot, too cold?????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Ok guys heres what I came up with today. I found a water colled oil cooler(for free). I am going to plumb it tonight. I am also going to pull the engine tomorrow and replace that plug with a new one and a smaller hole just to be safe.
    I called mondollar and a guy told me I have to buy thier high/pressure volume pump from them and it would solve all my problems. He also said that my oil pressure should be 90-100lbs cold and 65-85 hot! I personally think that is insane!He also said an oversized hole in the pipe plug by the distributor wont make too much of a difference in the pressure. I am so confused its not funny When I start it up I have 40lbs of cold pressure@ idle and when hot it goes to 20lbs. Does the oil temp have something to do with this?? What if I run my motor cold? Will it affcet anything?
    Michael

canuck1
    Personally I would put the cooler on it , put 20-50 oil in it and drive it. The milk on the filler neck is just too cold of oil temp to burn the moisture out. all my engines run 100+ cold and 75-80 hot(sbc), but with a basically stock 455 too much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12