Thread: fuel caps..........

468miller
    oh what a bitch...........doing a simple job like replacing the old flip caps on the boat with new polished ones, right side, ok, left side three screws came out fine, but it had to be the last one that rounded off, so after 2 hours and a trip to home depot for a drill bit and extractor, i finally get it out, my damn motor didnt give me this much crap.........all for a fokkin fuel cap..........

GAWnCA
    oh what a bitch...........doing a simple job like replacing the old flip caps on the boat with new polished ones, right side, ok, left side three screws came out fine, but it had to be the last one that rounded off, so after 2 hours and a trip to home depot for a drill bit and extractor, i finally get it out, my damn motor didnt give me this much crap.........all for a fokkin fuel cap..........
    AT least you had one to start with... Look at this joke that I got for a fuel cap.
    http://gregaw.home.comcast.net/fuel_plug.jpg
    The holes were so enlarged that I just filled them with epoxy and the re-drilled for the new cap.

cave
    Crazy place for a OH S!HT handle

GAWnCA
    Crazy place for a OH S!HT handle
    I thought so too! Even crazier when you think the guy use to take his wife and kids out with him. The other side has the correct fuel cap but leaks like a sive so that will get replaced this winter too. I wanted a boat to do some work on but didn't expect a project to start off with that required everything be rebuilt. Oh well, I guess the one saving grace is that it's a Miller and has a good hull.

468miller
    thats true...........

Xlration Marine
    You couldn't get a vice grip on it from the inside? Kinda late now.

GAWnCA
    You couldn't get a vice grip on it from the inside? Kinda late now.
    I guess you could have 'cause the only thing holding the tank in place was the seat in the front and the loose battery box in the back.