Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golf Carts ??????????

Not So Fast
    I'm looking for another golf cart and wanted to go gas this time and the people I've talked with have said they were about the same as far as speeds. I went to the EZGO website and they say the performance of electric at 18mph (which i confirmed on my old cart GPS) and the gas at 13mph which wouldnt be acceptable, hell I thought the electric was slow but to lose 30% speedwise is unacceptable. Yeah, I know about re-gearing (about $550) the gas and different motors but I wanted to stay stock. Any thoughts:idea: Thanks, NSF

Daddy_G
    My limited understanding is that with an upgraded motor and controller, you can make an electric go as fast as you want.
    Besides, gasser are noisey and they stink and you hafta put gas in them!

Brewzed
    I used to have a gas club car. If I did it again, I would go electric for sure.
    I put a pipe on my gas car and you couldn't hear yourself think. Electric motors are more torquey and cheaper to upgrade than the gas ones.

Not So Fast
    Yep, thats true Daddy, but your source of power is still just those batteries and the faster they go the more power they use and the range goes down accordingly. We were able to go from N. PaloVerde to Rotary Park and back easliy with our old cart. I'm told that with the gas you can regear them and put Honda motors and they will approach 25mph, but that gets pretty expensive. Maybe I'm stuck going slow Thanks, NSF

skyskier
    I've run both here on the ranch. The 1st one was a gas engine. LOTS of dirt here, in fact ALL dirt. The gas engine air cleaner HAS to be cleaned almost daily. I didn't After rebuilding the gas engine 3 times I went electric. As for power difference, you can change out a "chip" it's just a small electical plug in type deal. BIGGGGGG difference in the power boost. The electrical cart has virtually NO moving parts, maintanence is keeping the batteries full of water, I'm going on 7 years on current batteries. Are you using this strictly at the river? Heat will eat the batteries, just like in the boat. I haul hay bales, lumber & tools,etc., and had NINE kids in it last weekend. Put heavy duty rear springs on it for sure. I have bought several from Silver State golf carts in Henderson Nevada, this guy gets the turnovers from the golf courses, keeps the best for himself and then turns them over at a great price.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Yamaha just released "The Drive" golf Cart line.
    Supposed to be a revolutionary drive train design and other cool features.
    Ya may want to check it out.
    We like our EZ Go elect. Plenty of pep and quiet.

havaduner
    My EZ go is electric, I switched it over to a 48 volt set up (6, 8 volt batteries) from Performance golf cars in Ontario. 27 mph, batteries last for quite a while, (I've done a ton of desert exploring with it) and I'm on my fourth year on these batteries. I check the batteries regularly, and make sure to keep the water level up. Best of all, it's quiet!

OutCole'd
    Have you thought about getting a Rhino??

Not So Fast
    Have you thought about getting a Rhino??
    You are one funny guy Bill NSF

Not So Fast
    My EZ go is electric, I switched it over to a 48 volt set up (6, 8 volt batteries) from Performance golf cars in Ontario. 27 mph, batteries last for quite a while, (I've done a ton of desert exploring with it) and I'm on my fourth year on these batteries. I check the batteries regularly, and make sure to keep the water level up. Best of all, it's quiet!
    Are you serious, that would be very acceptable. How about going up hill, I read that if speeds go up then torque goes down?? my old cart really suffered on the hills I'll have to check this out, thanks. NSF

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast