Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Parker 300

superdave013
    Hey Moneypit, I like it when guys take shit about NASCAR cup cars. I always tell them if you think it's easy to run 9K RPM for 500 miles give it a try sometime. lol

Rainman918
    take a ride on the river with a GPS and you'll know. SK48 did that the very first year and did report on the lenght. I can't remember what it was but it was less then 5 and more then 4.
    Seems to me it was about 4.4-4.5 miles... I made 35 laps (damn battery bracket broke on lap 10 and I lost about 45 minutes... It also didn't help starting 50 minutes after the eventual winner...) and I think the GPS was around 160mi or so... I don't remember exactly and it's long since been reset, but I think that's close... We were running mid-high 70's and low 80's pretty much the entire race, and my lap times show about a 75 mph average if it was five miles...

Moneypitt
    Seems to me it was about 4.4-4.5 miles... I made 35 laps (damn battery bracket broke on lap 10 and I lost about 45 minutes... It also didn't help starting 50 minutes after the eventual winner...) and I think the GPS was around 160mi or so... I don't remember exactly and it's long since been reset, but I think that's close... We were running mid-high 70's and low 80's pretty much the entire race, and my lap times show about a 75 mph average if it was five miles...
    So, you agree the course was short. So, the handicaps should have been re figured as well............50 minutes in 300 miles is different than 50 minutes in 250-270 miles.........Again, I'm not taking anything away from the racers, a true accomplishment just to start, let alone finish, regardless of the outcome......Ray

bordsmnj
    well, i come up with roughly 4.6 miles per lap from sitting here with my calculator but it's no big deal. just means i had more spare fuel than i thought. (anyone wanna by av gas cheap?) i'd rather the course be shorter with the turn in a good spot as oppsed to putting the turn in a bad spot. any longer and it would take longer for a tow boat should yuh need it, etc.

Squirtin Thunder
    Jason it was good to meet you again, you guys looked great out there. How accurate is the distance you came up with.

Rainman918
    well, i come up with roughly 4.6 miles per lap from sitting here with my calculator but it's no big deal. just means i had more spare fuel than i thought. (anyone wanna by av gas cheap?) i'd rather the course be shorter with the turn in a good spot as oppsed to putting the turn in a bad spot. any longer and it would take longer for a tow boat should yuh need it, etc.
    If you're using my GPS and lap numbers to come up with the 4.6 you'd have to add about 3/4 of a lap that I ran (and didn't get counted) before the battery let go...
    I agree with your turn comment though... I don't know if there is a better spot up the river (within the next mile or two), but I do know that the north turn got hairy at times if you were in the middle of a pack of boats... Lots of crossing wakes and big holes coming out of the turn and trying to accelerate when that was the case...
    All in all I can't complain too much... We took a boat that was way too heavy (we were at 1600 lbs and not off the trailer yet at weigh in and only needed to be 1350 lbs and that's before my rather large self plopped into the drivers seat) and ended up third in Div 5 (primarily because we broke less than everyone else), and could have been up near/in the top 10 without that... I figure I'll have to run a different boat or get a better handicap break to really have a chance overall, but I'll definitely be back next year! It was a blast!

franky
    So, you agree the course was short. So, the handicaps should have been re figured as well............50 minutes in 300 miles is different than 50 minutes in 250-270 miles.........Again, I'm not taking anything away from the racers, a true accomplishment just to start, let alone finish, regardless of the outcome......Ray
    How about this:
    Do you think that perhaps if the Nordic guy didn't "finish" first casing the race to end (in actuallit two laps early), things might have been different (race should have gone 2 more laps)???

bordsmnj
    the guy left 20 minutes early there fore the race was act

ColeTR2
    That and carl interring the 73 boat in the wrong class and ending the race early.. I don't know why they just don't let all the classes go the distance if there support to all end at the same time. Then if something like this happen you can figure out who the winner is. but once you stop the race you can't un-ring the bell. And it just make the hole race invalided.

STVBOY
    How about this:
    Do you think that perhaps if the Nordic guy didn't "finish" first casing the race to end (in actuallit two laps early), things might have been different (race should have gone 2 more laps)???
    NO!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678