Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exhaust Manifolds

BrendellaJet
    Would these flow better than logs/snails?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/454-C...QcategoryZ3128 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    I doubt you would notice any performance increase with those. Besides they are ugly as sin.

455Rocket
    Besides they are ugly as sin.
    This I agree... I could go to wal-mart and get a can of chrome to take care of em'
    Not that desperate yet... just wondering how they'd compare

BrendellaJet
    depending on the size logs you have I wouldn't bother. Did I read somewhere that you are building a BBC? Id save up and spend a little more money and buy something known for its performance. There are plenty of alternatives...those ones you posted probably weigh twice what your logs do...if not more.
    I sold my indmar 502 to WishIknew on the boards. I think he was interested in selling the indmar manifolds the motor came with and they are known as a good piece. Hit him up if you want a good manifold that is better than logs(way better) that still wont break the bank.

Legal Chemistry
    What kinds of increases would be realistic with changing merc manifolds to the ones posted above? Weight looks to be a good factor... but any real hp gains from a 400hp bbc?

BrendellaJet
    What kinds of increases would be realistic with changing merc manifolds to the ones posted above? Weight looks to be a good factor... but any real hp gains from a 400hp bbc?
    you might get a couple hundred rpm out of it. Every engine reponds differently. Just the weight is worth it to me though.

455Rocket
    I sold my indmar 502 to WishIknew on the boards. I think he was interested in selling the indmar manifolds the motor came with and they are known as a good piece. Hit him up if you want a good manifold that is better than logs(way better) that still wont break the bank.
    My problem is that I have the jump seats in the back with the really small engine hatch... To get those suckers to fit i'd have to puch holes in the side of the hatch and have them stick out where the jumpseats are, or redo the whole interior. Just not interested in starting that kind of project for a few mph.
    Ideas anyone?

BrendellaJet
    My problem is that I have the jump seats in the back with the really small engine hatch... To get those suckers to fit i'd have to puch holes in the side of the hatch and have them stick out where the jumpseats are, or redo the whole interior. Just not interested in starting that kind of project for a few mph.
    Ideas anyone?
    How far do the logs stick out. I dont think the indmars would stick out any wider. Lightnings will according to Lowrider, but Im prettysure the indmars would be okay. Besides, any competent upholstery shop could match your upholstery worst case...wouldn't be a complete redo. Ill go measure how wide my Imco's stick out if its any help...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123