Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Big Bear?

RiverToysJas
    Anyone know what the summer water temp is in Lake Big Bear? I think there's a 25' limit, and I assume a speed limit.
    What about Arrowhead, is that a public lake?
    Thanks!
    RTJas

HavasuHome
    Not sure about water temps at Big Bear Lake but I am sure it is cold as the lake is at approx. 6,000 feet. Lake Arrowhead is private and to operate a boat on the lake you must own property there and have lake rights.

Legal Chemistry
    Big Bear Lake is still cold in the winter. 25' limit. Sound laws. 35mph speed limit. You'll need to buy a day or year-long permit along w/launch fees.

RiverToysJas
    Big Bear Lake is still cold in the winter.
    I assume you mean summer.
    Too cold to swim in you think?
    Thanks for the info!
    RTJas

xjkevin
    its not to bad in the summer, my kids love it up there, its choppy

local805
    Not sure about water temps at Big Bear Lake but I am sure it is cold as the lake is at approx. 6,000 feet. Lake Arrowhead is private and to operate a boat on the lake you must own property there and have lake rights.
    YOU ALSO NEED TO HAVE A PAIR OF TOP SIDERS,A SWEATSHIRT AROUND YOURE NECK,AND A POODLE TO BOAT THERE!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Legal Chemistry
    whoops... you're right Still cold in the summer (unless it's a hot day)
    maybe I'm just spoiled from Havasu???

Outnumbered
    BBL and Arrowead max out in the mid to high 70's in about September. Arrowhead is private. BBL is public. Check out Silverwood for a little warmer water and easier drive.

riverbound
    My family has always owned a cabin up there. the water temps are a little on the Brisk side, but I have spent many summers up there swimming,skiing, wakeboarding etc. in just trunks. there is a size limit and a speed limit.

Bow Tie Omega
    BBL and Arrowead max out in the mid to high 70's in about September. Arrowhead is private. BBL is public. Check out Silverwood for a little warmer water and easier drive.
    Yeah, if your are into the hanging out with gang bangers.....Silverwood is the place to go. Two times we have gone with friends in the last couple of years, two times we have left because of the people who hang out there now. Not a great place to take the kids to. It is a real bummer, it used to be a great lake. Someone made a comment about the poodles and topsiders...I would much rather deal with that then guys drinking theri 10th 40 oz. on the beach, in a sack of course, with their gang affiliation tatooed on their stomachs and tear drops tatooed next to their eyes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast