Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Big Bear?

Big Bear is a very dirty lake it will leave a yellow film on your boat. The muck and mud along the shores is sometimes up to knee deep. I will never put my boat in there again. Then again here I am at Lake Powell no complaints here.

Big Bear is a very dirty lake it will leave a yellow film on your boat. The muck and mud along the shores is sometimes up to knee deep. I will never put my boat in there again.
    Here I am at Lake Powell now no complaints here. Lake here is as clean as it gets

riverbound
    Big Bear is a very dirty lake it will leave a yellow film on your boat. The muck and mud along the shores is sometimes up to knee deep. I will never put my boat in there again.
    Here I am at Lake Powell now no complaints here. Lake here is as clean as it gets
    I have never had an issue and my family has been boating there for 30+ years. there is mor "muck" due to it being a lake and water doesnt flow but sits. the only time we had any stainign issues was when we left our Ski Nautique in the water for a whol season one year. The boat was never pulle dout of the water from April to October. we had the bottom acid washed and the boat was fine.

Partycattin
    Went up to Arrowhead yesterday for work. Figured I'd throw out a line and fish for awhile afterward. Couldn't find any public access to the lake. What a rip off. Do you have to own property along the shoreline to access the lake or do homes in the general area have the ability to use the lake also?

77charger
    went up there this summer for a weekend was pretty cool.did some trout fishing by the dam then took a cruise around the lake check out some of the lake front homes.water a lil colder than needles.
    I didnt change a thing to jetting on motor or prop just took it and and enjoy.

Outnumbered
    Went up to Arrowhead yesterday for work. Figured I'd throw out a line and fish for awhile afterward. Couldn't find any public access to the lake. What a rip off. Do you have to own property along the shoreline to access the lake or do homes in the general area have the ability to use the lake also?
    It is a private lake. Not a rip-off of any sort, it is not maintained by the public tax payer. I used to live there. The lake has lots of rules but I enjoyed the fact that there are no non-insured gangsters on Sea Doos running around. In fact, PWC's are not allowed on the lake

Outnumbered
    Yeah, if your are into the hanging out with gang bangers.....Silverwood is the place to go. Two times we have gone with friends in the last couple of years, two times we have left because of the people who hang out there now. Not a great place to take the kids to. It is a real bummer, it used to be a great lake. Someone made a comment about the poodles and topsiders...I would much rather deal with that then guys drinking theri 10th 40 oz. on the beach, in a sack of course, with their gang affiliation tatooed on their stomachs and tear drops tatooed next to their eyes.
    Well, that is too bad. It used to be a family place. I have not been there in many years. Sad to hear that it has gone the way of Lake Paris

Bow Tie Omega
    Well, that is too bad. It used to be a family place. I have not been there in many years. Sad to hear that it has gone the way of Lake Paris
    Yeah, once upon a time, it was a great place to go boating. But, like Lake Perris, all good things must come to an end.

Riverkid
    The lake is super clear. No muck. We all swim, ski and wakeboard. Kinda nice, actually...
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1194495531
    Trout fishing with Grandpa isn't too bad either...
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1194499147

SOCALDETAIL1
    Big Bears water was warm this past summer. I detailed a few boats from there that did have a yellowish film, I had to use a brush on hydropholic acid and 2800 psi to get it off. That doesnt mean the water is dirty it's a little warmer then usual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12