Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on 27-28' boats???

OGShocker
    cbudge:
    If you are serious about performance and quality and a boat that loves the rough check out 28 Bullet www.Howardboats.com Howard makes one of the best boats BAR NONE. The only problem is, you have to deal with Gene. We looked at Howards and five other builders boats , over eight years We went with Dana because, for one thing, they don't act like they are doing you a favor by taking your money.
    I don't want to act like I am busting Gene's chops but, I know him. I've had cocktails in the Marina with him, He is a great boat builder he just needs a hug now and then.

Mike.M
    The choices seem to be endless - there really are so many different alternatives! The Dana looks really nice - my only hesitation with looking further would be the fact that it is very low profile and the absence of a windshield. The Pacific NW can be a little cool and damp sometimes... so, I am looking at boats with a bit of depth to them and a full windshield. Powerquest does fit that bill. By the way, my dream boat since I was about 12 - when I sneeked into a ~35' at the marina for the first time :=) - has to be a Cigarette 38 TG. But, for now, this is beyond my budget, and not exactly the best for my climate. Anyway, glad I posted here because I have learned about 3 or 4 boat makers I have not heard about before. Thanks!

Mike.M
    Hey OGShocker - I just e-mailed Tom @ Dana for more info. Thx.

OGShocker
    Mike.M:
    Hey OGShocker - I just e-mailed Tom @ Dana for more info. Thx. Glad to help... Both you and Tom.

26 QUEST
    THE POWERQUEST IS A DEEP BOAT AND IT DOES COME WITH OR WITHOUT A WINDSHIELD. I HAVE HAD MINE OUT IN 6 FOOTERS WITHOUT NO WORRYS.WORTH A LOOK.

Mike.M
    26 QUEST:
    THE POWERQUEST IS A DEEP BOAT AND IT DOES COME WITH OR WITHOUT A WINDSHIELD. I HAVE HAD MINE OUT IN 6 FOOTERS WITHOUT NO WORRYS.WORTH A LOOK. Definitely! Did you look at the 28 as well as the 26? Also, did you compare to some of the other boats mentioned in this thread - if so what made you decide on Powerquest? Mike.

playdeep
    ...6 footers in a 26 ft. boat?,sorry,but I am not buying into that one.
    BTW,How are Powerquest's laid up...by hand or do they use a choppergun?

INDY27
    Go with the Fountain! best looks, performance and resale value!

26 QUEST
    POWERQUEST ARE BUILT ON ON THE GREAT LAKES 5-6 FOOTERS ARE OUT EVERY DAY. FOUNTAINS ARE A GREAT BOAT, I TALKED TO WYATT FOUNTAIN LAST WEEK ABOUT OPENING A DEALERSHIP UP,SO I KNOW HOW GOOD THAY ARE AND YES RESALE IS GOOD. I WENT WITH MINE MOSTLY BECAUSE OF PRICE/VALUE.MY BOAT WAS THE SHOW BOAT IN CHICAGO AND MAIMI SO THAY CUT ME A GREAT PRICE. MANDI AT POWERQUEST WAS THERE HELPING AT THE SHOW SHE WAS VERY HELPFUL.POWERQUESTS ARE HANDLAID WITH SEMI CUSTOM PAINT JOBS.IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY GO WITH A FOUNTAIN BUT GO WITH A 29.IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GREAT VALUE POWERQUEST ARE WORTH A GOOD LOOK.I SOLD BOATS FOR 5 YEARS. FOURWINN SEARAY WELLCRAFT REGAL FORMULA AND PROFILE. ALL ARE GOOD WELL BUILT BOATS. IF YOU CAN GET TO A SHOW THAN YOU CAN LOOK AT MANY SIDE BY SIDE.

Mike.M
    26Quest - Why the 29 Fountain over the 27? Obviously the 29 is bigger, and has a better cabin, etc., but the 27 would be easier on a trailer and the wallet. Not that I haven't looked at the 29.., but bear in mind this will be my first foray into the world of hi-performance and offshore boating, so in some ways I would like to keep it simple. My goal is to move up to the over 30' / twin engine range after. With respect to Powerquest, I have e-mailed them for some info., however I did not see a dealer locater on the website. If anyone knows of a dealer between BC, WA, or OR??? Back to Fountain - I sent an e-mail directly to them requesting some performance data for boat engine combinations other than what they cite in their material but have not responded. I know you can get all this info. from forums - including offshoreonly.com, but it would be nice to get a response from the company. Having said that, I met a Fountain factory rep. at the Vancouver boat show, and again when demo'ing a 27 Fever in Tacoma - and was impressed with his presentation of the boat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast