Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride Plate Adjustment?

Ranz1
    What is a good starting point for the ride plate? I heard 3 degrees, but is that up or down? Then what after that?

MAXIMUS
    Depends on boat & set up! Try 2-2.5 degrees & that is related to the keel or bottom of the boat in front of the intake!

HammerDown
    Make your adjustment at 2-2.1/2 (up) from keel line. I take my measurement from the bottom flat left or right side of the shoe as I know that its true with the Keel or bottom of the my Boat.
    After a couple Full Passes, note speed...and how the bow and the Boat feel...then experment by raising and lowering the ride plate just a few degrees with SS Washers...and see how the hull responds. Just a few degrees make a pretty noticeable affect on my 21 Daytona.
    I did'nt think you had a RidePlate and Shoe???

MAXIMUS
    Hammer what #'s are you gettin from your ride? What are you using for power? I didn't know you also had a 21!

Ranz1
    Whats a shoe?

HammerDown
    Ranz1:
    Whats a shoe? Ant...are you kidding???

dyam
    Hammer...
    Are you running any kind of cavitation plates??fixed or adjustable?
    I have a 21 Daytona 502, Legend setback, ride plate, place diverter. I get a little porpose at mid throttle that I can't get rid of.
    thanks
    Dean

HammerDown
    dyam:
    Hammer...
    Are you running any kind of cavitation plates??fixed or adjustable?
    I have a 21 Daytona 502, Legend setback, ride plate, place diverter. I get a little porpose at mid throttle that I can't get rid of.
    thanks
    Dean Nope no cav plates...I did have a very slight porpose...I dialed it away...with the ride plate. If I recall the plate was to far down (a few degrees)at the time...the hull was trying to pack air and lift but the lowered plate was pushing down on the bow...kinda fighting itself. This was at the upper rpm range, but now all's good.
    [ June 07, 2003, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

MAXIMUS
    So hammer I guess you don't want to reply to my ealier question???

HammerDown
    MAXIMUS:
    So hammer I guess you don't want to reply to my ealier question??? I did my friend...I sent you a PM. Did'nt ya get it???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast