Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truck With A Bomb--Blown Up In Havasu!

HocusPocus
    Just got this email from a friend of ours who lives in Havasu.
    Well, we had some excitement tonight. We had a truck loose control in front of our house. I looked out the window and didn't see anything. Ken went out front and cops had our street blocked off. So I went outside and there was a truck a couple houses down on the opposite side of the street that spun out and landed in the dirt. So we sat in the garage and watched for a while then the cops came over and said we had to evacuate the house because the truck had a pipe bomb in it and the were going to blow up the whole truck. So we had the bomb squad parked out in front of our house and they actually blew up the truck. It was loud. The hood of the truck flew across the street and landed in the neighbors yard. The newspaper was there so it should be front page in the paper tomorrow. I will send a picture later.
    can't wait to see the pics.

lalhc
    Where at in Havasu - what street? That's some crazy shiat

JB in so cal
    The rag heads want to cut down on swinging???:idea:

Marty Gras
    Wifey was coming home and "drove around" the guy in the stalled old truck! (1/2 on the road, 1/2 in a yard) He "waved" her to pass him and she did. 20 minutes later, our street is full of traffic and we see McCulloch is blocked off. BOOM!!! firemen blow up the POS and then put out the fire. Heard it was a "domestic problem", wonder if the paper will get it correct? "There goes the neighborhood!"

RVRGIRL
    Pickup carring pipe bomb nearly collides with school bus
    Authorities evacuate homes, detonate bomb
    By Tony Raap
    Monday, October 29, 2007 10:25 PM MST
    A pickup truck carrying a pipe bomb nearly collided Monday with a school bus, skidding to a stop just a few yards away from a row of homes.
    No one was injured in the melee, which happened around 3:50 p.m. in the 500 block of South McCulloch Boulevard. Police failed to arrest the driver, a white male who was seen escaping on foot.
    Connor Reinemann, 15, watched as a group of bomb technicians searched inside the rust-colored Chevy truck.
    “He was going so fast. Our bus driver was lucky to stop in time,” Reinemann said.
    Officers found a handmade bomb in a cooler on the passenger floorboard, police Lt. Rich Sloma said. The explosive was about 12 inches long and 3 inches in diameter, Sloma said.
    It wasn’t immediately known why the man had a pipe bomb, he said.
    Officials evacuated nine homes that were closest to the truck before detonating the bomb. Neighbors gathered outside to see the blast, some reclining in lawn chairs.
    At 6:11 p.m., a voice yelled, “Fire in the hole!” Moments later, a thunderous explosion rang out as a ball of flame shot into the evening sky.
    Randy Parks stood about 400 yards away from the blast, watching it with his grandson perched on his shoulders.
    “That was better than a cheap Mexican firecracker,” Parks said.
    Firefighters rushed to douse the flames as thick black smoke billowed overhead. The blast sent the truck’s windshield flying into a nearby driveway. All that remained of the truck’s roof was mangled, charred rubble.
    Sloma said there was no apparent damage to the surrounding homes.
    “That was a successful detonation,” he said.
    You may contact the reporter at raap@havasunews.com.
    The type of component requested is unsupported

Not So Fast
    What the hell is happening to this little town, geeze I guess we can blame it on the behavoir law, they seem to be doing that a lot lately NSF

RitcheyRch
    Proves that no town is safe these days.

cc322
    What the hell is happening to this little town, geeze I guess we can blame it on the behavoir law, they seem to be doing that a lot lately NSF
    It hasent been a little town in quite some time.

voodoomedman
    Well at least it's great and funny that they detonated it in his truck.

GHT
    Proves that no town is safe these days.
    I would imagine you would be suprised of all the mental cases in any small town. All the Nut case people that move to "big" towns have family and friends in small towns. There are, and always have been looneys all over the world.
    I agree with Voodoo.. I think it is funny that they just blew up the whole truck..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast