Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cost of Eating Out

Not So Fast
    I'm sure we all are saying the same thing about prices arent we?? They have gone up a lot in the last year or so. Here is what I found the other morning at Bobs for breakfast. Being retired and not awash in money but not being cheap either I do watch how much things cost as we tend to eat out a lot. So my wife and I order the same breakfast, about $7 @ and when we get the bill I look and am amazed it's $25 and change Quickly doing some complicated math I look at the bill and find that for a glass of OJ or milk they charge $3.50, coffee $1.50. I aske the lady at the counter if this was right and she said "Yep" to which I said "$3.50 for a little glass of OJ is outrageous so from now on I'll be drinking water with lemon please". NSF

catman-do
    My wife and I were watching that show "Big Spender" the other day and decided to keep every reciept for the month of November to see exactly where we spend our money. Will be interesting to see where it goes. We dont eat out anymore unless there is a coupon! No golf unless its discounted...

Jbb

Trailer Park Casanova
    WE cut way back on eating out to compensate for higher fuel prices.
    Except for ROC's Firehouse of course.
    When I was a kid, A Big Boy Combo was 55 cents, and it was fresh cooked.

Trailer Park Casanova
    My wife and I were watching that show "Big Spender" the other day and decided to keep every reciept for the month of November to see exactly where we spend our money. Will be interesting to see where it goes. We dont eat out anymore unless there is a coupon! No golf unless its discounted...
    Those 2-fer-1 dinner books ya see kids touting really work.
    Wife swears by them.
    You're gonna be shocked when ya see what ya spend on dining out.

Ms.Havasu
    everything is getting rediculous since gas prices have remained at this inflated price for so long.
    We were discussing that at the local grocery store everything seemed to be around $3.00 ie: bread, milk, a can of soup, lunch meat almost $5, BOOZE (yikes!). The big sale stickers say sh1t like regular $4.79...Sale $4.69 give me a break ...10 cents is a sale? we spent $180.00 the other day, no meat or booze and the cart was only 1/2 full.
    We also notices that 2 burgers and 1 drink at Carl's is now running approx $12.00 ( no frys and we are not talking about the $6.00 burger which now is approx $6.00) It's actuall cheaper to eat lunch at the sit down mexican resturant which is 10.01 for the daily special with Ice tea and chips and salsa then to have a burger from a fast food joint...O.K. rant over...but yes we have noticed that everything is really going up, and in Havasu you can bet the wages haven't.

Trailer Park Casanova
    everything is getting rediculous since gas prices have remained at this inflated price for so long.
    The big Oil honchos in Saudi Arabia say it should be about $56 a BBL on the world market/ $60 on the spot, and that speculators are driving it up.

catman-do
    We cut back on eating out quite a bit. Also started shopping at WINCO, that place has some really good deals. The way I shop, I only buy it when its on sale for a good price, then I buy a ton of it. Bought 6 boxes of cereal last week at .98 per box (chereos, fruity chereos, lucky charms, golden grahms, kix, honey nut chex...all the good ones)

clownpuncher
    WE cut way back on eating out to compensate for higher fuel prices.
    Except for ROC's Firehouse of course.
    When I was a kid, A Big Boy Combo was 55 cents, and it was fresh cooked.
    Thanks TPC. Yes, eating out does get very costly. We do it a lot as well. It's one of our favorite things to do. Nothing like going out, hanging with friends and share some good food and libations.
    One of our justifications for buying a river house was the amount of money we'd save by being able to make our own meals on our river trips. The monthly cost of eating out every morning, day and night in Parker exceeds the cost of space rent and utilities.
    Anyhow, our restaurant is the least expensive one of all on a high-end street. Since the majority of our off-season business is locals, we hate raising prices at all.
    Unfortunately, all the food and liqour purveyors stick it to us when they get hit with increased costs such as fuel/delivery.
    Fuel prices are a huge contributing factor to the increasing cost of eating out.
    Sucks, but, we still eat out. Cooking at home is almost like date night for us. We may do it once or twice a week.

2Driver
    I'll make the rounds mid week and it is amazing how far a $100 does not go.
    Grocery store, dry cleaning, gas the truck and a few odds and ends at Home depot. Goodbye $300.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast