Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Lets talk quads...

dmontzsta
    This is to all you sissy quad riders out there........Be a man and ride a dirt bike!!
    You do have a point, but not everyone can ride a 2 wheeler. For me it is all about having a good time with family and friends. If that includes letting someone use your toy, you have to share.

77charger
    No they won't beat a two stroke of the same cc's.... that's because 4 strokes have to work twice as hard... so you double the cc's to make up for it
    Dont get me wrong the 4 strokes are nice are are the main power choice these days.for a quad these days thats the only choice you get.My brother has the 700raptor with enough in suspension and shocks to literally out run mostly any quad thru the whoops but his motor aint workin as hard a s 450s is either.
    The thing that makes me laugh are the ones who think that the 4 stroke will last forever with low maintainance the 450s are race track bikes and when a top end goes it aint going to be a cheap fix vs a 2 stroke.
    I still have an 85 atc 250R only done the top end once a 90 dollar job total but it still has 200 pounds of compression not bad for a bone stocker.Oh has a pipe thats it But plan on some porting right now it will give a 450 hell on hill race just depends who gets the leave.But i want a cr500 for a duner :idea:

RaceFace
    I've got an '88 250r an '87 250r with 310 kit and an '05 Honda 450...trx310r is by FAR my favorite dune bike hands down! Last weekend was a freakin' blast! :devil:
    Yeah, the last couple of years, I've been kicking around the idea of a CT Racing 310 kit for it, but since I got my CR a few years back, its been more wifey's bike and the way my wife rides, she doesn't need any more power. I guess I taught her well....either full throttle or nothing!

Pro Max
    Raptor 700 for me, my opinion is if you ride track than get the 450 but for Glamis and Desert the 700 is the way to go. I have raced a few 450's and never lost. I have a pipe, intake and programer.
    Good luck, whatever you get im sure you will have fun and convince yourself it is the best.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    You do have a point, but not everyone can ride a 2 wheeler.
    Do you need training wheels or something? Quit being such a wimp!

dmontzsta
    Do you need training wheels or something? Quit being such a wimp!
    I can ride a two wheeler, but I guess I am turning into "the lazy fat guy" cause a quad is so much easier. You dont feel like you got your ass kicked.

77charger
    I can ride a two wheeler, but I guess I am turning into "the lazy fat guy" cause a quad is so much easier. You dont feel like you got your ass kicked.
    The raptor 700 will feel like the maxima then.The 450 will be the 350z of the nissans.take your pic :idea:

HowardFlat
    Ride a 2 wheeler!
    I'll quit before I'll sit!

Trailer Park Casanova
    Sometimes it's the crowd ya run with.
    Most I know that sold their 2 wheelers did because no one to ride with anymore, not because they favor quads over Bikes.
    I'd buy a YZ 450 tomorrow if I was runnin with a MX crowd. But they all sold them for quads, or suffered serious injuries that they can no longer ride.
    It's apples and oranges compairing 2 to 4 wheelers.
    It's all good if it's outdoor motorsports and you're a rider, not a spectator.
    We're lucky in the USA the average Joe can afford to ride.
    In Europe, it ain't so easy to afford to do such offroad motorsports like here.
    Sure plenty of fine pros come from Europe, but the average Joe is priced out of the sport.
    It's all good.

atomickitn
    it looks like your mind is made up.....you are most likely going to buy the 450yfz.....I love mine.....IT is fast fun sleek sporty....and handles great. ....remember you are the one ridding it and not every one else, so you have to like it ........in a side by side....with a 450/700.....the 450 was quick....and the 700 was fast.....and I have hung with the 700,s it also depends on the rider..

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910