Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk quads...

catman-do
    Because they are soo much fun! Its wierd because I actually crashed more on the ttr and on a honda 50 than I ever did on my 450.

yopengo
    Quads are for women and guys that are too fat to balance on a bike. Get a bike. Red or Blue you cant go wrong with either.
    Hey….I resemble that remark. Ill ride it for a year before my daughter steals it from me. Then ill get my Jeep.

dmontzsta
    Quads are for women and guys that are too fat to balance on a bike. Get a bike. Red or Blue you cant go wrong with either.
    haha, you might be right, but Quads are fun and alot easier to ride, plus you dont get hurt as much. My Dad had a Husky 400 stroked and built up in the days and everyone used to get hurt on that thing. I was dumped off the back at about 65mph and will never forget that.

Do F150's Float?
    Thats tight, she was just saying she wants a pink one. Did you order it pink? or have to do all that after that fact?
    It started out as the 50th anniversary ed. (all yellow & carbon fiber). I was threatening to take squeezin spectra's built 660 because i didn't want a yellow quad... next thing ya know, the 700 is pink! LOL (its a plastics kit )
    And for some reason, all the boys, especialy riverbound, love to ride it???

Magic34
    RAPTOR 700
    Great power! If the yfz450's haven't been beat by a Raptor then it's only time
    I had chosen the Raptor over my YFZ450. Why? Because I'm a little taller, 6' 2", and the Raptor just feels more comfortable to me. The 700 is fuel injected and has the same front suspension as the 450. I personally ride dunes the most, so I just sit back and haul ass. And Yamaha took all the problems out of the 660 and fixed them on the 700.
    If I was going to ride MX I would have kept the 450. But the 700 is no joke in the power department. I can literally cruise down to about 5-10mph in 4th gear and just hold the throttle open and it comes back up to power in a few seconds. With dual exhaust and a programmer (since you can't rejet fuel injection) you're looking at about 50hp and 42lbs of torque.
    Exactly right.
    My Raptor 700 made 52 HP on the dyno with the LTE duals, trinity programmer, and K&N exhaust set up.
    On the same dyno, a yfz with a cam mod, curtis sparks racing pipe, and filter set up made 49 HP.
    The Raptor is a faster bike is both riders are equal up comp hill. I raced the hill each trip until my arms about fell off. My Raptor was hard to beat. I would win about 80% of the time and I raced everything I could with exception to 80HP+ Banshees.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I was dumped off the back at about 65mph and will never forget that.
    That explains a lot!
    sup rabbit?

dmontzsta
    I sat on a Raptor 700 and it just felt big and heavy. The YFZ450 feels alot more sporty to me. Everyone I spoke with also told me the YFZ450 will get to top speed much quicker than a Raptor 700, but the 700 will top end just a few more mph. Any comments?

dmontzsta
    That explains a lot!
    sup rabbit?
    Took the 450 out to my friends 31 acres in Temecula, nothing but good riding!

dmontzsta
    Here is another quad question. My son just got a Z50 Suzuki Quadsport. He took it out his first trip ever riding (he is 8) and has absolutely out grown the bike (power wise) he keeps it pegged to the floor. The 90s we sat him on were just a bit too big for him. I think the handling on the little Z50 is fine, he is ok with that. Anyway to get some more power out of a LTZ50 Suzuki?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Here is another quad question. My son just got a Z50 Suzuki Quadsport. He took it out his first trip ever riding (he is 8) and has absolutely out grown the bike (power wise) he keeps it pegged to the floor. The 90s we sat him on were just a bit too big for him. I think the handling on the little Z50 is fine, he is ok with that. Anyway to get some more power out of a LTZ50 Suzuki?
    Take the z50 down to pep boys and see if they'll take it on trade-in for one of those chinese quads. Those quads are bad ass!!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast