Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk quads...

cdog
    I have the honda 450. Very happy with it. Our friends have yamaha 450's. They're pretty equal. I think the new Kawi's and the suzuki's are the way to go. Chaparell had the Kawi's for under 6k a couple of weeks ago.
    I'm not much of a sand guy. I like back woods trail riding and the honda seems to have a better power band for that type of riding. It probably has more to do with the rider than anything else.

RitcheyRch
    I had one as well and sold it in 1996.
    I'm still "old school". I've got an '86 TRX250R with some motor work done. I've had the bike for 12 years and won't give it up. Long live the 2 strokes!!

dmontzsta
    Take the z50 down to pep boys and see if they'll take it on trade-in for one of those chinese quads. Those quads are bad ass!!!
    Are you serious? Or did I tell you about my buddy who loves the china quads? first trip out, wheel bearing replacement and chain fell off...they must rock!

Big Kahunaa
    i got the trx450r im a honda guy i know the suki is set up more for the track (thats what i'v been told by people who own them)
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...106c9ce57d.jpg

Lavey5150
    Friends don't let friends ride quads...............

Ziggy
    2 Banshee's.
    I clearly remember when quads first were introduced thinking they looked "wierd" after only having 3 wheelers for decades. One ride changed that opinion for me, I felt more like I was rally racing
    I rode and raced MX for nearly 20 yrs so I'm not a balance impaired bloke, just changed my fun factor to twice the rubber

Here is another quad question. My son just got a Z50 Suzuki Quadsport. He took it out his first trip ever riding (he is 8) and has absolutely out grown the bike (power wise) he keeps it pegged to the floor. The 90s we sat him on were just a bit too big for him. I think the handling on the little Z50 is fine, he is ok with that. Anyway to get some more power out of a LTZ50 Suzuki?
    they always do that until they go over the bars once, you can restrict the horse power of the 90 until he grows into it.

River Lynchmob
    I have a Suzuki LTR 450 with a trinity 493 package on it Lonestar +2 on the front and back Elka suspension all the way around and the thing rides like a Cadi and flat hauls the mail. I bought it used, Trinity built it for a magazine article and then sold it off. I was in the right place at the right time.
    I am anxious to see the new Kawi 450 with some mods to it. i have read nothing but good about it.

diesel
    I'm in the same boat(wink wink) right now, cant make up my mind on 450 yfz or the 700 raptor, but out off all the quads, these 2 are what everyone raves about.
    I want to use it on the dunes 80% of the time, and they say the 700 has the torque you need out there, but the 450 just comes into play when I go out trial riding and now i hear theres a track here in Riverside.
    Overall, I dont think I want one to race out in Glamis, but to just have more fun with it, and so far I hear the 450 is the one :idea:
    I'll prolly be going down this week to pick one up.. buddy of mine works at a smaller retail shop, lets go down there & get better deal since were picking up 2 of them.....

Big Kahunaa
    ps i got mine at the end of 06 it is a 05 for less than 5g's otd

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast