Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powdercoating $$$

tahitijet
    Thanks for the feedback. I had something much scarier pictured in my mind. If I can get my parts done for what you guys did, it doesnt make sense to go any other route. Powdercoat should last for years, right? I started tryin to strip my transom adapter, what a b**ch. Sounds like I should let the powdercoaters strip em for me. Thanks guys, once again.
    ya let them strip it. They will blast it or throw it back in the oven if there burning powder off something large. No matter how good you get it most powder coaters will still want to hit it with the sand blaster to make sure anyway. If you really want to strip it use a propane torch heat the powder and scrape it right off with a putty knife or aircraft paint striper works good also.
    We just got a whole setup powdercoated here in PA for $175 and that included the strip. Out west im sure it will be cheaper yet.
    Generall any of the cool stuff like Paint, powder coat, anodizing, chrome, etc cost more out here thanks to the tree huggers, epa and democrates

Hemicbx
    I stipped my bowl myself but all the rest of the stuff went to a local bead blasting shop. It was just too much of a pain.
    The Eastwood powder coating forum (http://forum.eastwoodco.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9) is a great place for guidance. Much like the jet boaters, the guys over there are more than helpful and have a lot of experience.
    Hemicbx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12