Thread: anybody remember eleminator making an offshore?

does anyone remember anything about eliminator making an offshore in 1982? Ive got a local guy trying to sell me a 30 ft eliminator with some stern power #4 outdrives. I know nothing about this kind of boat but these are some weird looking drives . there are transmisions on the back of each motor . cool looking lower units [look like big bullets] . neat looking bronze props. one motor is missing but all of the external hardware is still there.The motor that is still there has some unique valve covers and exhaust on it , its all aluminum and says panther454. The intake is gone from the remaining motor as well and it has square port heads. comes with a galvinized trailer that is triple axle. asking me for 8000$ what do you guys think? He says he talked to eliminator and that they only built 6 of these. I've never seen one just quite like it. It looks alot like the scarabs of the day .

DMOORE
    I'm not too sure of the Eliminator. I simply do not know the line well enough to comment. As for the engine drive package, they are Merc SSM #4's. Most have a Borge Warner transmission, and the drives are a surface piercing type.(the prop actually comes out of the water at the top of it's rotation). They are very strong and expensive. If the trannies gimbles, and drives are in good shape, they are worth more than 8k alone. What is the overall condition of the boat? It may be a good winter project.
    I would call Eliminator directly for info. Also try offshoreonly.com, someone there may know more about it.
    Darrell.

I'm not too sure of the Eliminator. I simply do not know the line well enough to comment. As for the engine drive package, they are Merc SSM #4's. Most have a Borge Warner transmission, and the drives are a surface piercing type.(the prop actually comes out of the water at the top of it's rotation). They are very strong and expensive. If the trannies gimbles, and drives are in good shape, they are worth more than 8k alone. What is the overall condition of the boat? It may be a good winter project.
    I would call Eliminator directly for info. Also try offshoreonly.com, someone there may know more about it.
    Darrell.
    the drives dont say merc on them anywhere. They say stern power, the guy selling the boat says that merc. bought them out and then came out with the #6 outdrives, I dont know. They do have borgwarner transmissions.

IMPATIENT 1
    BIG BALLIN tired of seeing the poker boats runnin across texoma??

BIG BALLIN tired of seeing the poker boats runnin across texoma??
    Nah, its not really something that I would be interested in but I hate to leave it there if a few bucks could be made on it, or hell I dont care if someone else is interested pm me and I'll give you the guys #.

Dkahnjob
    The Stern Power out drives were made in the midwest or east somewhere (not MerCruiser). I had a Campbell 24 that had one of those drives on it. It worked very well. The prop is big and sharp, could hurt a swimmer if one came close to it even when the engine isn't running. The guy that I sold the boat to had to have the drive rebuilt at one point, it was VERY expensive and had to be sent back to the factory to be overhauled. Be sure that the drives are in good shape and the bearings are good, and there is no water in the oil.

spectras only
    Actually , it is called Stern Powr . Here's a link for more info >
    http://www.sternpowr.com/

DeltaSigBoater
    Not fimilar with the boat...
    but if its an 1982 30' Eliminator it was called the Pro Am Cruiser. Eliminator built them from the '80/'81 to '83. From 1984 to 1987 Eliminator built a 30' called the Offshore.
    The Pro Am Cruiser was offered in both single & twin engine applications, while the Offshore was only offered w/ twin engines.
    I don't have nor could I find any info about the beam, weight, etc., as what I have posted I pieced together from NADA.
    If you are able to post some pictures

Hiddenvalley-Kid
    Saw one of these being demo run out of Newport Dunes in 82 or 3. It was red and and was single engine. Never had seen one before and have never seen one since so I can believe there were only a few made. That has got to be a strange duck!

2manymustangs
    Surf drives are on all the big hot rod boats, go to the catalina boat races and you will see lots of them. I think that is all that MTI outfits with these days.