Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebay Courtesy?

superdave013
    The buyer should leave feedback first!!
    I have had buyers try to use the feedback thing as negotiating tool,
    Say there not happy with an item, and demand part money back!!!
    Never again for me, when i sell.
    When i buy, and am happy with the deal, i leave feedback first.
    Never a problem!!
    I do not agree, I feel when I buy and pay now I have completed my end of the deal. You should not hold my feedback hostage. And when I get the item and inpsect it as being what I bought I'll leave it for you. If there is a problem of course I'll contact you. If you have not left me feedback I just go on my way and don't leave you one either.
    When I sell items I say in my listing that I don't hold feedback hostage. So far I'm 100% + with over 200 feedbacks. Now if guys like you would play correct I'd have well over 500.
    I agree with SWB, the feedback system is does need a revamp. There are alot of POS sellers out there that hold feedbacks hostage. When they do that you have no way of knowing if they are good, bad or so so sellers.

The buyer should leave feedback first!!
    I have had buyers try to use the feedback thing as negotiating tool,
    Say there not happy with an item, and demand part money back!!!
    Never again for me, when i sell.
    When i buy, and am happy with the deal, i leave feedback first.
    Never a problem!!
    NO the buyer shouldn't! I sell and buy on ebay. The seller should leave feed back first because what your leaving feed back on is how the person paid and how promptly they paid. Then the buyer leaves feed back after they receive the item or items. If they are happy leave a appropriate feed back. If not happy, contact seller to make things right before leaving feed back. If things are not worked out then. Leave neg. feed back. If seller does not want neg. feed back then make it right with customer. Plain and simple customer is always right.

Riomouse911
    I buy stuff on eBay, and my father in law buys/sells a lot of big-money items on eBay all the time. I would never leave feedback until I receive the item, as you would be at the mercy of the honesty of the seller, and that alone. How can you describe the item, the packaging/condition, the shipping time, etc? When pops got an inverter last year that was described as "new", then checked the date code and found it was "new" in 2004 and returned to the manufacturer in 2005, he was pissed because the seller lied. Only through the dispute process, and negative feedback he placed which was ultimately "retracted", did the issue get resolved. Caveat Emptor applies x10 when you are buying sight unseen on eBay, and sometimes the feedback is the only way to protect yourself from the crooks that can even infest a great thing like eBay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123