Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who opened the floodgates with Foreclosures

What do these houses look like i cant imagine someone taking care of them if no Payments have been made for 11 mo. If they are in bad shape have them E mail me pictures for my Blog E mail them to icantsellmyhouse@yahoo.com
    I had no idea someone could go so long NOT making a payment i think its worse then we thought.
    He's broke. Barely hanging on just paying utilities. Pool empty and rotting, all landscapeing is dead and/or overgrown with weeds. Trash bill has not been paid and piling up. It's a mess. This dude turned down 1.9 for it a little over two years ago. From riches to rags.........................

LhcBrad
    Have him or maybe you can get a few pictures and e mail them to me. Not to be mean but its just what im looking for pictures that is. Once again Greed!!

Mandelon
    He's broke. Barely hanging on just paying utilities. Pool empty and rotting, all landscapeing is dead and/or overgrown with weeds. Trash bill has not been paid and piling up. It's a mess. This dude turned down 1.9 for it a little over two years ago. From riches to rags.........................
    My biz is rehabbing these for the banks after they take them back. This is typical condition. We've done $7,000 trash outs...3 or 4 rolloff dumpsters of old junk. The worst is the rotting meat in the refrigerators...they are hard to dispose of.
    Some folks literally vacuum up before they go, and the homes are immaculate yet others smear poo on the walls and steal the light bulbs and cover plates...
    I had one last month where they filled the sink with T.P and turned on the water... it ran for 11 days.....boy did the wood floors look nice. They tossed paint all over the floors and wall, smashed the tile on the counters and ripped the cabinet doors off the hinges.....pissed off that the bank wants to get paid back...whatever. They worse they are the better it is for me. :devil:

My biz is rehabbing these for the banks after they take them back. This is typical condition. We've done $7,000 trash outs...3 or 4 rolloff dumpsters of old junk. The worst is the rotting meat in the refrigerators...they are hard to dispose of.
    Some folks literally vacuum up before they go, and the homes are immaculate yet others smear poo on the walls and steal the light bulbs and cover plates...
    I had one last month where they filled the sink with T.P and turned on the water... it ran for 11 days.....boy did the wood floors look nice. They tossed paint all over the floors and wall, smashed the tile on the counters and ripped the cabinet doors off the hinges.....pissed off that the bank wants to get paid back...whatever. They worse they are the better it is for me. :devil:
    That sucks. I had a home forclosed back in .....92-93 When I was 3 months back and no light in sight, I went to the bank and gave them a deed in leuw (sp) of foreclosure. Moved out while the place still looked good. We did not want to live with all the letters and stress. Just wanted to get it over with and start over. Same bank financed our new house 5 years later, same loan officer, same branch. What goes around comes around.

These people want to blame the bank for their stupid decisions. The bank just loaned you the money when you asked for it. They did not make you buy the house. Ignorant As--oles

Marty Gras
    You guys are correct, this is NOT the bottom. Also, I looked at those Havasu REOs and they (banks/realtors) don't get the fact that there are so many properties available, their "asking prices" are way off, even at this early point in the drop. The unrealistic prices and balances owed, of the last few years in Havasu do not "create value" in the local properties, they create what we now have. I think after the first of the year, up until tax day, prices will go down in Havasu. The smart/ limited income retired people just won't buy! The "marginal party people" will still be recovering from their REFI'S at home. Now let's talk about all of the "builder owned", "realtor owned", and "investor owned" properties that are not selling. Save the popcorn for January 2nd!

hoolign
    People just need to start living within their means! My ol man told me years ago..when I was 17 or so..if you can't live on half of what you make ..your living beyond your means. it took me a few years to have it sink in..but it did. 50% of everything you make should be more than sufficient to live well, granted that your not working at 7-11 and have actually accomplished something.
    There is way to much " look at me " syndrome now a days and well ....now ...look at them! Second and third mortgages on houses?? 40 year mortgages with no money down?? on vehicles?? boats?? all the toys you want at 0 down and a "low" monthly payment..LOL.
    If you can't afford to pay cash for it ..save until you can. There are some situations where the "must have shiny thing now" is justifyable..but not for the masses.
    Don't people realize that the old saying "cash is king" is still applicable??
    :idea: :idea:

OC28HEAT
    An NOD is pre-foreclosure
    UH no there is no such thing. Once the NOD is recorded you are in California Civ code 2924
    sorry but I dothis for a living 3000 times per month an my staff gets calls all day long
    "I was looking on Reality TRACk and Iam interested in your preforclosed homes"

OC28HEAT
    Just spoke with my friend and he said it's been longer. He was 4 months behind in MArch 07. He made a deal with the bank to make his current payments and add a certain amount for the rears. He totally renigged on that deal and made no payment what so ever. So he is actually 11 months behind. Plus 2 years taxes. What could be the banks motivation to do this? Everyday they lose more. He's living for free. After they foreclose they still have to evict him, which will take a few months. THis first is 1,100,000. His amount to redeem is over 100,000.
    Loss mitigation helps theoan servicer and the lender with their bond rating so they can borrow more. Moody, Fitch

OC28HEAT
    Your spot on.....we are only 20% into this mess. The resets in the tens of millions go all the way through 08. I can't remember if March or May is the D-Day month but something like 80mil reset in that month alone.
    Actually the resets peak in September 08 a 179mil