Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berkely E/F Pumps

corlish
    I am looking for our first jet boat...a winter project really (anybody have anything?). Just wondering about Berkely E/F pumps from a performance standpoint. Should I avoid them? Are they comparable to a C/G pump?, etc?

waterslinger
    I have a E pump in my 77 borum 18 foot low profile
    boat. Runs 69 mild bb ford. Some people say that is fast for a E. I have had very good luck with
    this pump. With all the new pumps on the market
    you need to look at the big picture.

Blown 472
    I have a e pump in my glastron and runs 75 plus with a blown ford. I have a loader grate, shoe, and ride plate. Works for me.

Underdog
    From a performance stand point the 12JG gives you a lot more latitude for performance options. The problem with the 12JE is that no one really took the time to install them correctly when the boat was built. Many times we have had to reset the pump because of poor install. GREG

lakesmodified
    corlish:
    I am looking for our first jet boat...a winter project really (anybody have anything?). Just wondering about Berkely E/F pumps from a performance standpoint. Should I avoid them? Are they comparable to a C/G pump?, etc?Corlish, though I'm no jet pump expert, I too have a blown BBF 460 in front of an "F" pump. The old Berkeley Jet-O-Vator was replaced with a Place Diverter(big improvement) I've been told by the knowledgeable people on this board that the E&F pumps have a sharper bend in the intake, leading to turbulence and lower speeds, but though I don't have any GPS readings yet on my 17 FT Targa jet boat, I can tell you it's much faster than my last jet which had the 12JG, LS-6, dual 750 DP's, tunnel ram built by Lew Larson Racing in a 18 FT Bahner. Hope this helps, Ivan

Blown 472
    kudos on the blown ford, got any pix? Mine is dead for now, spun a rod bearing Soon to be back on the water spankin the eggbeaters and bowties.

lakesmodified
    Blown 472:
    kudos on the blown ford, got any pix? Mine is dead for now, spun a rod bearing Soon to be back on the water spankin the eggbeaters and bowties. Blown, thanks...Here you go...
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Targa9.JPG[/img] [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Targa13.JPG[/img] [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Targa41.JPG[/img]

Blown 472
    Nice ride, where did you find the inline autoline carb and adaptor?

lakesmodified
    Blown 472:
    Nice ride, where did you find the inline autoline carb and adaptor? Blown, that set-up was created a few years ago at BDS. It's two Weber 48IDF carbs...
    By the way, thanks for the compliments... Sorry to hear about your spun bearings... I too am in the process of "freshing up" my 460.... Added a set of ported and polished heads, replaced all the bearings, cam, 10 qt Dolleys pan, etc etc etc... It's ready to go back in, I just need some time off work to get it done.
    [ August 06, 2002, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: lakesmodified ]

1tricky1
    Underdog:
    From a performance stand point the 12JG gives you a lot more latitude for performance options. The problem with the 12JE is that no one really took the time to install them correctly when the boat was built. Many times we have had to reset the pump because of poor install. GREGHey Greg, if you read this, I have a 79 Sleekcraft tunnel with the JF pump that's been recently freshened. I've got a decent 454 Chevy 9.5 to 1 oval port motor that GPS'd @ 75. I was really happy with that. What mods to the pump, bowl, nozzle could I do to benefit. I'm not sure I want to keep the jet o vator. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast