Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator Scorpion

Liberator TJ1984
    Cyclone ...like I said sorry about the photo's...but there are several different makes I mailed you ...Bob's Liberator and mine (gophers) are the same ...there is a youngblood TX20...and the scorpion..you can see there is a large difference in all ..let me know if you get them...Chris (gopher)

565edge
    cyclone:
    Well then here are a few boats that I am looking for:
    18-19' Rogers Bonneville (bubbledeck)
    18' Sanger bubbledeck
    19' Eliminator Daytona or Edge Stealth
    If anyone knows of someone selling a project boat let me know. Thanks guys!Had a advantage bubble deck also(old rogers boat)ran good,it would smoke my banshee,i would look for a daytona or edge,i do prefer the edge though,how much you lookin to spend,everything id for sale?I want a kevlar-carbon fiber 21 edge phantom?

djdtpr
    Hey cyclone how was the vacation.did u get the heads for your boat yet?how come u are looking for a new boat whats wrong with yours i thought it was a pretty clean little boat!

Bense468
    Mike you are talking about a few different types. I think you should decide first if you really want a tunnel? I am not saying they are bad at all. Just think about it. Think about where you want to boat and everything in between. Anyway I did not really read the thread so I am not sure if anyone mentioned but they are like the advantage banshee. They do not preform very well. They are delta pad boats and they used them a lot with outboards from what I understand. I would go with the daytona or edge over this boat any day. Every once in a while you seem them in the traders for cheap, and they stay in there for a while because no one really wants them. Just my 2 cents.

Bahner tunnel
    I have heard the outboard version of the Scorpion ran very flat . It took something like a 12" of set back to get the hull to air out on top end .

cyclone
    DJDPlacecraft- I do like my boat but I'm finished playing with it. I need a new project, something I can work on over the winter. The vacation went great and I went boating on a huge lake by my parents house in Arkansas, called Beaver Lake. it had approx. 600 miles of shoreline, no speed or noise limits and only a handful of boats on it. Haven't bought new heads yet because I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with my Olds motor or not. I want to go faster in the next boat and I'd rather do it with a Chevy. Know what I mean?
    Bense- I know they are two different types of boats but they are the ones I like best. I know that I'll be happy with either. I've just heard that the Daytona would be better for rough water than my v-hull. YOu got any imput on this? And when are you going to have your boat together. We are running out of summer!

djdtpr
    Cyclone glad to hear that vacation went well.I would go with a tunnel,but then again im kinda partial to them.

HBjet
    djdplacecraft, you have a PlaceCraft right? It's the black/brown one huh? Cool. What motor/pump are you running in that thing? Ever GPS it yet?
    Thanks
    HBjet

Bense468
    Cyclone what are you doing for Labor? Lets hook up out at blythe again. Chris is going, I will have my boat and some buddies. I am thinking of staying out at Mayflower and partying it up with DJDplacecraft and his buddies. Are you in for this. We might even do a little tow up to lost lakes for a day to watch the races. It is not that far. Give me a call 909-374-5612.
    Oh if you are going to run the river more then a tunnel jet. Yeah that is good. As fas ar the choppy water goes. I think your boat would ride better then a 19 daytona in choppy water. that is just my opinion. A 21 would ride better then them all.

cyclone
    Bense- i'd be down for a labor day weekend trip. The mayflower sounds good too. That will shorten the trip up to that cool sandbar right? I think Travis might want to go as well. His buddy brandon got kicked out of Macintyre Park so that place is off limits from now on anyways. Let me know if you need any help putting your boat back together. I'll be back in town on monday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast