Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh meat (newbie on board)!

new2cats
    Been lurking for a few years...I am sure I know many of you on HB.
    Finally have the time (and balls) to jump into the mix. Have had lots of fun boats, most in Hot Boat or Powerboat...having a new DCB F-29 built as we speak...first cat(thus, the screen name)..., first twin, first boat that cost more than my first house!!! Excited and a bit nervous.
    Hope to have fun and sharpen my typing skills here!
    Fire away...I am ready!

shippingguy
    Welcome to the boards. Congrats on the new boat. Post some pics of the build.
    Mike

new2cats
    She will be "popped" in about 3 weeks....another of my boring all silver, platinum, graphite, black-pearl designs (I did the Howard 28' "Color Blind" and that black, silver, tribal Sleek 30.... some may have seen them). I like boats to look like high-end cars....might even go with a "Bentley-esque" interior!
    Glad to finally be on HB.....

Reaper1
    Welcome, your fellow cheerleaders have been waiting for you. Charlie will give you the manual when you make your first defensive move.

new2cats
    I just bought a DCB because I love zip ties and billet, really!
    Actually, it was a choice between kids' college, a new home, a kidney replacement surgery, or a Ferrari...I picked the $250K+ hunk of fiberglass with funky blue engines.....smart, huh!!!

Dave C
    you made the right choice....
    lets the kids get a job, you have an extra kidney, new homes just cost more $$, Ferrari's are for guys with gold chains and too much chest-hair :devil:
    I just bought a DCB because I love zip ties and billet, really!
    Actually, it was a choice between kids' college, a new home, a kidney replacement surgery, or a Ferrari...I picked the $250K+ hunk of fiberglass with funky blue engines.....smart, huh!!!

TOBTEK
    Congrats on your new purchase. They make a purdy boat fo sure. Nice to design your own graphics, But have you seen what you can STEAL a used F29 as of late? With all the boat manufactures switching over to wrap around windscreens, and doing away with the canopies I wounder how long it will be till we see a new F29 without canopies?? Id think its coming since the F29 is now 5 years old??
    This would be hard to pass up if one was in the market...
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168251
    or maybe this one with brand new 525's in it....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164603
    or this one with Illmore 710's, was in Powerboat this year. Has over the top bling! NICEST F29 available...period.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137701
    Anthony wrights Toad painted F29 with Illmors is also forsale still isn't it??
    You could probably get the Clugmans almost new F32 with Teague 800efi's for about what a new 29 would cost....and its a 32 with 800's !!!! troll.
    great to build new, UNTIL it comes time to sell the thing. The used boat market ISN'T what it was a few years ago when you could use it for a year and almost break even. ITS AN UGLY market! You have the option to spend half of new, and still have just as much fun. IF NOT MORE cause your not so worried about that first scratch. Id buy the used F29 with HO's, and either run it for a yr or so AND still sell it for what you paid, or sell off the HO's and get a couple of GT680's installed. You would be in maybe high $130,000's have a solid 120mph any condition ride....AND still have your kids college funds Just a thought

02HoWaRd26
    Damned Tob you Andy's new sidekick

TOBTEK
    Damned Tob you Andy's new sidekick
    NO, just the prices on new 29's are WAY up there! makes more Cents to get a nice used one. And notice I didnt only list the boats Andy has available

Boatlesss
    I don't understand.
    I thought Charlie said the 29 DCB was 170K on a trailer?:idea:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast