Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: out of control @ full speed...????

Thats the same hull as the Tahiti Super Cruiser right?
    Nope, the Moonraker botom is, as well as the whole boat for that matter, Omega. That's who tooled it up and that's who we splashed. The Tahiti super cruiser has an entirely different bottom. It's (the moonraker) the same bottom as the old Tahiti mini cruiser though. Which are all different fro the Tahiti Boss Cruiser, that was the Spectra bottom.

sanger rat
    Nope, the Moonraker botom is, as well as the whole boat for that matter, Omega. That's who tooled it up and that's who we splashed. The Tahiti super cruiser has an entirely different bottom. It's (the moonraker) the same bottom as the old Tahiti mini cruiser though. Which are all different fro the Tahiti Boss Cruiser, that was the Spectra bottom.
    Ah, Got it Thanks.

bp
    that is a good idea!
    all ya gotta do is cut the other fin back to match the broken 1, then reshape them similar, its not that big a deal but 1 good fin and 1 bad fin will make it pull real hard.
    i agree that the fins can be shortened. measure down from the edge to the crack/missing piece closest to the top - how much "good" fin is left? if there's enough left, cut both to make them equal, smooth them up real nice.
    but i disagree that the chunked fin is causing this problem. i ran many times over a hundred with one fin dinged up similarly, with no handling problems at all. having the nose jacked up to the moon at 75 plus, with no ride plate, can cause some instability, especially if you don't have weight distributed equally on both sides of the boat. even in your short video, the boat seems to lean significantly to the driver's side with only one person in it.
    it looks like the loader holes have been drilled through, with bolts going from top to bottom (sure looks like bolt heads to me) with nuts holding the loader up??? i'd remove the loader, make sure it's fastened properly. the machine screws should be threaded up from the bottom.

thehotrodguy
    What is a duct? Sorry for not knowing...
    also, what is the better thing to do - file down the undamaged side, or just replace the intake? How important are the intake fins? I will investigate the loader depth & take some pics tomorrow - I'm working a 24 hour shift and can't get home today.
    Thanks again for all the help
    THRG

Mr. Crusader 83
    Ok I will be the first to flat out say it....
    BULL$h!t
    Give me some of that stuff your on.
    78 in a 21 barge with logs.
    Yeah, Im not buyn it either.

TJS
    Yeah, Im not buyn it either.
    I am kinda with Crusader and Outlaw here. I just got through getting my 18ft Nordic wet with BBC (461 all forged), roller cam, Brodix-bb2, bassets, Proform 850, e-brock Air gap,7al-2, Pro-billet dist...etc, Berk JG (uwr) with a Dominator B impeller, shoe, loader grate, ride plate (angle set a zero for now). RPM's Max out at 5950 at a GPS'ed speed of 73MPH. Just stating for comparison.
    T.J.

sanger rat
    Well for more comparison I was turning an Aggressor B 5900 with a 9.1 oval port 468 bbc. GPS at 85.5. :idea:

1 fast okie
    I Don't Know What Type Of Steering You Have But A Buddy Of Mine Had Rotary Steering In A 18 Earl Smith Tunnel And Went For A Swim When It Hooked Left And Through Him Out, Later On That Day After Checking The Set Up Again He Went Out And Everthing Was Fine Till He Matted The Gas And No Steering Come To Find Out At Wot The Teflon Gear In The Helm Was Stripped Enough That The Nozzle Psi. Was Causing The Nozzle To Move. Just A Thought.

thehotrodguy
    I am kinda with Crusader and Outlaw here. I just got through getting my 18ft Nordic wet with BBC (461 all forged), roller cam, Brodix-bb2, bassets, Proform 850, e-brock Air gap,7al-2, Pro-billet dist...etc, Berk JG (uwr) with a Dominator B impeller, shoe, loader grate, ride plate (angle set a zero for now). RPM's Max out at 5950 at a GPS'ed speed of 73MPH. Just stating for comparison.
    T.J.
    Sweet - if all you can run is 73, I'll gladly run you - pinks maybe? I'm game. Perhaps Rich Christiansen and the Speed channel will film it for everyone to enjoy, so Crusader & Outlaw have no questions. If I were you, I'd want to be on the right side of me - damn boat still turns left without warning, regardless of how many people disbelieve the numbers I am getting.
    I surely don't know nearly as much as the group here, but if I was turning a B impeller 5950 I think I'd switch to an A. Just my $.02.

30 years ago when Tahiti owned the title as 'worlds fastest jet' (that still cracks me up) no one wanted to race against Clark in this boat because it would change lanes at will at the far end of the track.
    80mph with a little ol' 427 running a set of zoomie dry stacks and a JB berk, no shoe, no ride plate, no loader no nothin'. Just hang on and go. You guys are all chasing ghosts trying to get to 80. lol
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rktahiti-1.jpg

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast