Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Son Of A Bitch>>>>>>>>>>>.please!!!

i don't care how fast the wheels are spinning....it can't fly with out wind...:idea:

Miss Perfect
    What scares me most is that I have to boat with these people on the same lake. Now that scares the hell outta me. No common or rational sense.:sqeyes:
    I don't think you need to insult people, but no worries...I am only a passenger in havasu.

Tom Brown
    Ok I can't repeat any longer. Rexone is done flying for today.
    Hey... don't be like that. We are just starting to get to the bottom of this thing.

hoolign
    Such as?
    All I'm going to say here is "you people don't understand what makes a plane move"

Miss Perfect
    Assuming the propeller is turning, the plane WILL move forward regardless of treadmill speed.
    The air is still. The air is not attached to the treadmill speed. The propeller WILL move through the air as it normally does. There are not any variables great enough to affect takeoff unless you make them up.
    Ok I can't repeat any longer. Rexone is done flying for today.
    I kind of see your point here. I was looking at it so that the plane would not move at all, the treadmill would just go faster and keep it in one place. But yes...now I see that maybe the plane will go forward regardless of how fast the treadmill is going. Ahhhh hell....now I am on the fence. :hammer2:

hoolign
    I get it, I get it...do I?
    If I get this right, the yes camp is saying that the planes method of propulsion is against the air, not the ground, so regardless of what the treadmill does, you will be able to achieve liftoff.
    The no camp is stating that since you can't achieve any ground speed, you will be unable to achieve any air speed, thus you will be unable to achieve liftoff.
    Something like that? :idea:
    Your catching on! The "no" camp needs to stop..and think about this fo a bit!

clownpuncher
    All I'm going to say here is "you people don't understand what makes a plane move"
    LOL, "you people"

73kona455
    i don't care how fast the wheels are spinning....it can't fly with out wind...:idea:
    the wheels have nothing to do with airspeed. .... a plane that lands on snow has no wheels at all.. only ski's....

clownpuncher
    I kind of see your point here. I was looking at it so that the plane would not move at all, the treadmill would just go faster and keep it in one place. But yes...now I see that maybe the plane will go forward regardless of how fast the treadmill is going. Ahhhh hell....now I am on the fence. :hammer2:
    There you go. Go with it, it'll click like a freakin light bulb in a bit. Vote "yes" now, you'll be glad you did.

Hey... don't be like that. We are just starting to get to the bottom of this thing.
    Brown don't piss me off more than you already have and cause me to start throwing down demerits and infractions.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast