Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NJBA High Points Champions 2007 - Congrats

Willis
    November 5, 2007
    Congratulations to all the “High Points” winners,
    2007 NJBA Race Series.
    Now is the time for us to start thinking about the annual festivities. Yes your “NJBA Banquet” for 2007.
    While you are counting how many additional NJBA High Points Team Jackets you’ll need, keep in mind the NJBA needs your help in securing sponsors for “High Point Champions” trophy.
    When you have information who is going to sponsor your class/bracket trophy, please contact Willis Johns so he can make arrangements with the sponsors and vendors to the NJBA.
    Our banquet will be successful with your contributions.
    Willis can be contacted at:
    310-413-0561
    Customlinkage@Socal.rr.com

SD Beach
    So how do we know who that is? points aren't updated.

Most of the racers follow their own points within their own classes ... that way they know when they've locked it up.
    Currently, I tally all of the points for NJBA, so I have a pretty good idea and the final points should be up within a week or so.
    As Willis said though, we are currently looking for year end Trophy sponsors ... and they go quick ... call him to secure your class if you're interested.

blue wonder
    does runner-up still get a trophy and a jacket????...how much is the trophy sponsorship???

Tony when i got runner up in 9.0 and pgj in 05 i got trophy and jacket, not sure if they still do that or not. banquet is a fun deal, get your speech ready!

Willis
    does runner-up still get a trophy and a jacket????...how much is the trophy sponsorship???
    The NJBA is asking $150.00 for the high point’s trophy and the runner up is covered for that fee.
    As for the runner up jackets, we, the board have to look at the balance to see if we will be solvent after the first race in March 2008 is covered.
    We'll have to get back to you.
    We all know a trophy doesn’t cost that much, but the funds are used to help pay for the banquet and incidentals that all clubs have that will popup at the years end.
    ps. CS 19, That was a very good job on the 8.0 people---
    Willis

Jess475
    IF the runner up high points do get jackets this year, how much per jacket for crew/sponsors?

Willis
    IF the runner up high points do get jackets this year, how much per jacket for crew/sponsors?
    Jessica,
    We don't know yet, the board will meet tomorrow and I'm sure we will discuss those items, we'll have to get back to you.
    Willis

Bottle Fed
    Willis can you send out a list like you did last year of who won each class and what classes need a trophy sponsor. I know BGJ is covered from the sales of tommy's memorial calendars in january. I have about 40 more 2008 calendars left from this last race and hoping to sell them so I can sponsor another trophy. I will mail the calendars to whoever wants one and didn't get it. I had to leave the race early on satruday afternoon for a medical emergancy involving my mom in San Diego.
    Thanks, Jeff

Jess475
    Willis,
    Desert Yacht Performance Marine would like to sponsor the 9.0 bracket for high points and runner up. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast