Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Waterboarding Torture?

Schiada76
    It is torture. the US prosecuted the japanese for it after WW2. Its against the geneva convention, of which we signed and have thrown in alot of peopls faces since we signed it until recently.
    Morally i understand the military has to do what it needs to do and agree if it saves lives then the red is positive and the black is negative. My concerns are?
    People have died from this so are you sure you got the right dude before you potentially kill him?
    To make you stop people will admit to anything as long as you stop. I can make you confess to killing JFK as long as there are no rules. (reference red is positive and black negative from above).
    Lastly we as a country bitch and moan about our boys when they are tortured so how can we look at this and say it is not?
    As far as it not having lasting affects, if you dont consider PTSD a long lasting affect i have a few vets from Nam to introduce you too and a few rangers from Gulf war one you can talk to as well.
    As far as Dan Pearl, they killed that mofo and was nothing torturous about it. They just strait up killed that guy and im glad the guy that did it is in Gitmo.
    You, are completely full of shit.
    Scumbag liberal bitch

Daytona19
    Why dont we ask John Macain what is tourture, I bet he has an answer.

redneckcharlie
    It is torture. the US prosecuted the japanese for it after WW2. Its against the geneva convention, of which we signed and have thrown in alot of peopls faces since we signed it until recently.
    Morally i understand the military has to do what it needs to do and agree if it saves lives then the red is positive and the black is negative. My concerns are?
    People have died from this so are you sure you got the right dude before you potentially kill him?
    To make you stop people will admit to anything as long as you stop. I can make you confess to killing JFK as long as there are no rules. (reference red is positive and black negative from above).
    Lastly we as a country bitch and moan about our boys when they are tortured so how can we look at this and say it is not?
    As far as it not having lasting affects, if you dont consider PTSD a long lasting affect i have a few vets from Nam to introduce you too and a few rangers from Gulf war one you can talk to as well.
    As far as Dan Pearl, they killed that mofo and was nothing torturous about it. They just strait up killed that guy and im glad the guy that did it is in Gitmo.
    Can anybody tell me one time that taking the moral high ground has benefited the USA? :devil:

Sleeper CP
    I'm not. I wish they would have put a bullet in his head. Or better yet, thrown his ass off the top of a 10 story building like Sadams people use to do.
    Yes that would have been just fine with me.
    Why dont we ask John Macain what is tourture, I bet he has an answer.
    He does, and you probably know what it is already. Since he has been through it he is very senceitive to the subject. And he basically thinks any type of deprevation is torture. I think he can't see the forest for the tree's on the subject.
    Those of you that think it is torture, if there was a simple shot that you could give someone as a truth drug of sorts ; would it be torture to force the shot on someone ? What if they didn't want to be stuck with a needle? It could be considered torute, couldn't it:idea:
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

thatguy
    I think it is important to remember that the techniques used by our people are used in the general attempt to extract information to prevent harm to our soldiers and citizens.
    Overall, the techniques used by our enemy is purely for terror, on predominantly inocent people with no regard for information.
    I have seen 2 video's of oilfield workers getting their heads "sawed" off with a butcher knife while screaming in horror. These men had nothing to offer the enemy except suffering a nightmarish death.
    Those people in the waterboarding video are absolute dipshits to even think it comes close to torture. I find it offensive to even consider it as torture compared to what has been done to our people.
    Tommy

Jbb
    You, are completely full of shit.
    Scumbag liberal bitch

Post of the month!...
    lol..

Boatcop
    The Geneva Convention does not apply to terrorists. Read On.....
    Article 4
    A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:
    1. Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces. NOPE
    2. Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfill the following conditions:
    (a) That of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates; NOPE
    (b) That of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance; NOPE
    (c) That of carrying arms openly; NOPE
    (d) That of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war. NOPE
    3. Members of regular armed forces who profess allegiance to a government or an authority not recognized by the Detaining Power. NOPE
    4. Persons who accompany the armed forces without actually being members thereof, such as civilian members of military aircraft crews, war correspondents, supply contractors, members of labour units or of services responsible for the welfare of the armed forces, provided that they have received authorization from the armed forces which they accompany, who shall provide them for that purpose with an identity card similar to the annexed model. NOPE
    5. Members of crews, including masters, pilots and apprentices, of the merchant marine and the crews of civil aircraft of the Parties to the conflict, who do not benefit by more favourable treatment under any other provisions of international law. NOPE6. Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war.
    6. Inhabitants of a non-occupied territory, who on the approach of the enemy spontaneously take up arms to resist the invading forces, without having had time to form themselves into regular armed units, provided they carry arms openly and respect the laws and customs of war. NOPE
    While WE treat enemy prisoners as proscribed by the Geneva Convention, those we are at war with do not. They torture (in the true sense of the word), maim, kill and parade those who they capture. While our Government doesn't do those things to our current enemy, they deserve the same treatment. Nothing more. Nothing less.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Can anybody tell me one time that taking the moral high ground has benefited the USA? :devil:
    To a degree, the USA has always stood on moral high ground. It is one of the things that makes this Country great. Hopefully we will continue to stand tall.

Nicked prop
    To a degree, the USA has always stood on moral high ground. It is one of the things that makes this Country great. Hopefully we will continue to stand tall.
    "To a degree" is a great qualifying phrase. If one considers firebombing civilians in Dresden and Tokyo and the eventual dropping of two atomic bombs on largely civilian populations an acceptable means to an end, waterboarding seems child's play by comparison. My hope is that the USA will have the conviction to stand as tall as it did in WWII and do whatever it takes to win this war. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

Sleeper CP
    Has anyone mentioned that maybe they(the really bad ones) should be waterboarded with water imported from the shallows of Havasu. It might have the amoeba in it.:idea:
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast