Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming-"Greatest Scam in History"

Poster X
    We need to get off fossil fuel anyway - it will eventually run out or become so expensive only czars can use it. Forget all the old bullshit and move forward. We haven't built refineries because people don't want them in their cities. We haven't built nuclear power plants because people don't want them in their cities. Neither were Presidential policies. Shell oil would only add 2% to our reserves and would cost a trillion to renew. An administration that has liberally spent more money and created more debt than any other administration in history (nor it's supporters) can't really talk about economy or debt. You're lucky if we don't deport you to Mexico and keep the Mexicans. At this point it's best you shut up and nod your head a lot.

Old Texan
    We need to get off fossil fuel anyway - it will eventually run out or become so expensive only czars can use it. Forget all the old bullshit and move forward. We haven't built refineries because people don't want them in their cities. We haven't built nuclear power plants because people don't want them in their cities. Neither were Presidential policies. Shell oil would only add 2% to our reserves and would cost a trillion to renew. An administration that has liberally spent more money and created more debt than any other administration in history (nor it's supporters) can't really talk about economy or debt. You're lucky if we don't deport you to Mexico and keep the Mexicans. At this point it's best you shut up and nod your head a lot.
    Apparently the hot air relief valve in your headcovering needs expunged again so here ya are, blowing more hot air with little content. Lecturing is a wonderful thing if you have a better plan, but per ususal you just drop by to throw out idiotic insults and statemnets with no depth.
    Tell us what altenative sources you have in mind that would have an immediate effect "Oh Wiseasse One"?????? Or should we all just sit down and do nothing until some "Genius" drops down from the heavens with Dilithium Crystals or a Perpetual Energy Machine.
    Technology is advanicng rapidly but not rapidly enough to stop the whining blowhards pushing bad legislation.

Poster X
    How are you going to be my latex salesman if you can't even keep up with a thread?
    The solution is simple, we invest in alternate energy resources and develop them. When you're done throwing away over a billion a day we could probably do it with just the interest that money would have earned. I did not vote for Bush so I guess I am a little better than you who did. However, you can redeem yourself by being less an idiot in the future. Help your kids out, buy into the future, not the "today."

Old Texan
    How are you going to be my latex salesman if you can't even keep up with a thread?
    The solution is simple, we invest in alternate energy resources and develop them. When you're done throwing away over a billion a day we could probably do it with just the interest that money would have earned. I did not vote for Bush so I guess I am a little better than you who did. However, you can redeem yourself by being less an idiot in the future. Help your kids out, buy into the future, not the "today."
    And these "Alternate Energy Sources" are??????
    So what are you doing, feeding steroids to squirrels so they can spin bigger wheels?
    Once again hollow banter.

Poster X
    And these "Alternate Energy Sources" are??????
    So what are you doing, feeding steroids to squirrels so they can spin bigger wheels?
    Once again hollow banter.
    You've never heard of battery power, solar power, nuclear power, wind power, hydroelectric power, biodiesel, gasification, geothermal energy, photovoltaics, steam, tidal energy, ethanol, or pedal power (which you deserve)?

Moneypitt
    There is an older guy up the street, who helped me with my Warlock, named Amos Satterly. Amos used to build some serious HP blower motors for drag boats. I learned some stuff from Amos. Not sure what made me think of Amos???
    Famous Amos......Damn, have not heard that name for a couple of decades. Just for the record here, IMO, he ranks right up there with Keith Black, Ed Pink, Austin Coil,(sp) Lee Beard, Dale Armstrong, Alan Johnson, and a host of other very sucessful pioneers of high performance motorsports.....A list of things he hasn't done would be alot easier to compile than a list of things he has.........Takes me back to Saturday nights at "the Beach", fogged in and fuelers doing things that seemed to be impossible.......MP

Sleeper CP
    We need to get off fossil fuel anyway
    Are you still under the impression that crude oil comes from dinosaurs and plant life? Do some research on Dr. Thomas Gold (Cornell University) and Dr. J.F. Kenny (Gas Resources Corporations). A short cut might be an article from WorldNetDaily. Edit: Dr. Gold's book is "The Deep Hot Biosphere"
    I'll give you one quote " competent physicists,chemists,chemical engineers and men knowledgeable of thermodynamics have know that natural petroleum does not evolve from biological materials since the last quarter of the 19th century"
    We haven't built refineries because people don't want them in their cities. We haven't built nuclear power plants because people don't want them in their cities
    So do you have an alternative or do you just bitch and moan? I find it interesting that people like algore can't find it in themselves to support Nuclear power when it is one of the cleanest powers available?
    Some years back in San Diego County in San Marcos there was a planned Trash to Energy plant. What a good use for trash burn it and make energy. But holy crap did the lefty wackos come out of the woodwork.
    I'm not a big fan of the French, but 80% of their domestic energy comes from their Nuclear power plants. I think that is a good thing. We should be so smart.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

sangervdrive
    We need to get off fossil fuel anyway
    Are you still under the impression that crude oil comes from dinosaurs and plant life? Do some research on Dr. Thomas Gold (Cornell University) and Dr. J.F. Kenny (Gas Resources Corporations). A short cut might be an article from WorldNetDaily.
    I'll give you one quote " competent physicists,chemists,chemical engineers and men knowledgeable of thermodynamics have know that natural petroleum does not evolve from biological materials since the last quarter of the 19th century"
    We haven't built refineries because people don't want them in their cities. We haven't built nuclear power plants because people don't want them in their cities
    So do you have an alternative or do you just bitch and moan? I find it interesting that people like algore can't find it in themselves to support Nuclear power when it is one of the cleanest powers available?
    Some years back in San Diego County in San Marcos there was a planned Trash to Energy plant. What a good use for trash burn it and make energy. But holy crap did the lefty wackos come out of the woodwork.
    I'm not a big fan of the French, but 80% of their domestic energy comes from their Nuclear power plants. I think that is a good thing. We should be so smart.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    I live in Ames, Iowa and we have a trash to energy type plant. Go figure there is no landfill here yet we have electricity.
    How is that not a good idea???

ULTRA26 # 1
    Famous Amos......Damn, have not heard that name for a couple of decades. Just for the record here, IMO, he ranks right up there with Keith Black, Ed Pink, Austin Coil,(sp) Lee Beard, Dale Armstrong, Alan Johnson, and a host of other very sucessful pioneers of high performance motorsports.....A list of things he hasn't done would be alot easier to compile than a list of things he has.........Takes me back to Saturday nights at "the Beach", fogged in and fuelers doing things that seemed to be impossible.......MP
    Ray, the last time I was at the shop was about two years ago. As I reacll his Son was doing most of the work, but Amos was still kicking. He's got to be getting close to eighty. What a great guy and amazing engine builder. As a favor to a mutual friend at a Chevy dealer Amos assembled a 502/502 and set it in my Warlock, back in Jan 99.
    I live in Ames, Iowa and we have a trash to energy type plant. Go figure there is no landfill here yet we have electricity.
    How is that not a good idea???
    Shit, I am known as the class lefty, and this seems to be a great way of producing energy. Imagine that

Poster X
    I'm pro nuclear power. Hell, I'm pro burning the shit out gas while I can afford it. However, anti nuclear power has NOT been a presidential platform from either side. Lefty whackos do not have to come out of the woodwork to sideline nuclear power and petroleum processing plants. As soon as a bill comes up for one in your neighborhood, watch how fast everyone over the age of eighteen comes out of nowhere and votes against it. It's always a good idea, long as it doesn't affect you. Hence the curbing of progress on those two fronts.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast