Thread: Step/Custom Headers

76miller
    Just wondering if anyone has actual dyno #'s or personal experience w/ a set of ''Step" headers were the tube gradually increases as opposed to normal 2 1/4'' tube Rewarders/Bassetts. Big inch motor, 10:5 to1 c/r ??? I know zoomies w/ high c/r is were you start seeing big gains but just wondering if the extra $400 bucks is worth it when the c/r isn't way up there.

vee-driven
    zoomies only on blown motors.

76miller
    zoomies only on blown motors.
    I forgot to add that in. Good catch...gatekeeper! You know what I meant....zoomies work best w/ more compression on BLOWN motors only. Thats what you should run on the Rayson Craft !

vee-driven
    Too fukn loud and i don't need a visit from the popo's every time i fire it up.

Sleeper CP
    Just wondering if anyone has actual dyno #'s or personal experience w/ a set of ''Step" headers were the tube gradually increases as opposed to normal 2 1/4'' tube Rewarders/Bassetts. Big inch motor, 10:5 to1 c/r ??? I know zoomies w/ high c/r is were you start seeing big gains but just wondering if the extra $400 bucks is worth it when the c/r isn't way up there.
    76Miller,
    Only on sm/blks two of them.
    The step'd headers and merged collector's are a tuning tools that increase performance in a certain operating window. Unless your BBlk is turning 7,000 rpm's or close to it an you need every last 5-10 hp I wouldn't worry about them.
    On the small block's from 2500-6500 rpm's depending on the cam,intake and carb there was a small increase (8-10 hp) or none what so ever depending on the rest of the combo. Just my .02
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

76miller
    Sleeper- thanks for the input. Just wondering if I could spend some more money !

MACHINEHEAD
    I agree with sleeper