Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum tanks

67weimann
    Well guys, I'm in the process of cleaning up and repairing my boat that has been sitting. I cut out one of the old 'glass tanks to install a sending unit only to discover that the tank was in bad shape. I went down to my buddies welding shop and he's gonna weld up two new custom aluminum tanks. A little pricy since I just want to get it out on the water but for $500 for both, complete with internal baffles, it should be worth it. Just need to get those babies in there and slap on a new carb and hit the lake... :smile:

BOOGEYMAN
    $500 for two new custom tanks is a phucking steel!!!!

How many gallons?

Bradf
    If you want a steal, just use milk cartons!

BrendellaJet
    Wow, $500? sorry that seems like a rip off to me. I just sold a set of aluminum tanks for a hundred bucks. Picked up a set of STAINLESS 15 gallon tanks for $250. Id take a look around first if I were you.

flat broke
    Actually $500 for a set of NEW custom tanks is cheaper than what you'd pay retail from Imco. So from that standpoint, its a good deal. Yeah you can luck out and find used stuff cheaper, but comparing used to new prices isn't really fair. This is especially so with unique items with varying dimensions that must be met. You could wait forever to find a set of cheap used tanks that will fit... Or you could pony up, buy brand new ones and be on the water when you want. Sounds like this guy knew he wanted to be on the water, had the duckets, and went for it. Deffinitely not a bad deal on the tanks.
    Chris

atxwrangler
    i agree, my custom tanks cost me 800.00, for my tunnel dragster.16 gal each,.bought from the east coast.then had to modify them upon arrival,$100.00 later,i had fuel tanks!

67weimann
    Yeah, I could wait and search for something that might fit but, I am having custom ones built to fit in my Weimann. I am unsure of the gallon size but they will be the same as the old fiberglass ones. i beleive they were around 12 gallons. The 5 bills is worth it to me to be out and enjoying the water instead of searching for something that I may need to modify to use...

$500 for custom tanks is a steal . And they'll fit perfectly which eliminates a ton of headaches.

Wow, $500? sorry that seems like a rip off to me. I just sold a set of aluminum tanks for a hundred bucks. Picked up a set of STAINLESS 15 gallon tanks for $250. Id take a look around first if I were you.
    I picked up a set of 22 gal. each aluminum for a cruiser from blown spectra and he was having a larger set made for somewhere in $2000 range . My understanding is that good shit aint cheap and cheap shit aint good. So as long as he can rationalize it . I think it's all good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast