Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm being Sued!!!

gotboostedvr6
    Heres the deal I posted up a 1994 Suzuki for sale on craigslist.org I was contacted by the plaintiff saying he had a running but low compression 48 spl and wanted to trade for my running DT75 he would add $900. I informed him the motor ran but needed a carb cleaning, water pump, and "tuneup" ( plugs, wires, timing check ect.)
    thread update:
    after a 30 min trial and the judge asking a hundred questions I won the case. The plaintiff ended up changing his story and told the judge he never wanted the motor in the first place but he bought it on impulse and now cant install it. He admits that it is in good condition being a older salty motor and he has no proof it is older then I said it was. Case closed

Do you want me to tell you what is going to happen or would you like to lose the lawsuit and a day in court learning for yourself?
    spill it....

DCBob
    Do you want me to tell you what is going to happen or would you like to lose the lawsuit and a day in court learning for yourself?
    What he said!

koyota93
    If it was me, I would probably just return his crap to avoid a headache.

jkh04200
    If you knowingly mislead somebody you deserve more than you will probably get. If a man isn't worth his word he isn't a man at all

mike37
    did you keep all your corespondents with him if you did and you can prove you told him every thing

THOR
    Regardless of what SWB says, tell this guy to go fock himself. Tell him that you are well aware of the law and what goes into a lawsuit. That is, both of you will have to retain counsel and pay a retainer. Probably to the tune of 2K or so. Ask him if he is willing to do so. If so, then tell him that you are willing as well. Tell him you will retain counsel and get all your witnesses aligned. Fact witnesses, percipient witnesses (eye witness) and experts will be called and deposed prior to trial. All of this will cost a ton of money.
    Fock this guy and his big balls unless you screwed him of course.

Sleeper CP
    Ditto
    That would be my take on it:idea: Someone is going to get their ass kicked in small claims court.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

THOR
    I'm about 99.5% on both The People's Court and Judge Judy, so you might want to consider returning his money.
    I need your life SWB. You are one lucky mofo to sit and watch these shows all day.

Miss Perfect
    Regardless of what SWB says, tell this guy to go fock himself. Tell him that you are well aware of the law and what goes into a lawsuit. That is, both of you will have to retain counsel and pay a retainer. Probably to the tune of 2K or so. Ask him if he is willing to do so. If so, then tell him that you are willing as well. Tell him you will retain counsel and get all your witnesses aligned. Fact witnesses, percipient witnesses (eye witness) and experts will be called and deposed prior to trial. All of this will cost a ton of money.
    Fock this guy and his big balls.
    Why would you retain counsel for small claims court?? :idea:
    I think you should give the guy his stuff back and get yours back and go on with your day...IMHO.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast