Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm being Sued!!!

Guys, a $1100 dispute is a small claims court matter. No lawyers, no retainers, etc...
    You will need to show up and explain your side of the story. Hopefully, you have something in writing to document what you say.
    Good luck! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me.

Hurry.....
    Call LARRY H. Parker..........

THOR
    I'm pretty sure that is small claims paperwork he posted.
    You can do whatever you'd like, I'm just giving you the outcome beforehand. People helping people.
    Whoops, I missed that part.
    You are going to spend a day in court with a bad outcome then if you sold him a mismarked motor.

OSidePat
    Regardless of what SWB says, tell this guy to go fock himself. Tell him that you are well aware of the law and what goes into a lawsuit. That is, both of you will have to retain counsel and pay a retainer. Probably to the tune of 2K or so. Ask him if he is willing to do so. If so, then tell him that you are willing as well. Tell him you will retain counsel and get all your witnesses aligned. Fact witnesses, percipient witnesses (eye witness) and experts will be called and deposed prior to trial. All of this will cost a ton of money.
    Fock this guy and his big balls unless you screwed him of course.
    Boy remind me to NOT send any of my kids to Auburn University first of all its small claims court ie no lawyers why would you stick up for an ahole like that who tried to rip someone off

gotboostedvr6
    The motor was in great shape for being an 94 and it ran fine. i made it clear to him and his brother that he would have to do maintenance to it before he ran it.
    here is a quick timeline
    next day:
    he called the next day and said he cant figure out how to install the controls and he will have to bring it to the dealer
    that night:
    he called and said hes pissed b/c the dealer wants $900 to do a full installation, so he will have his brother do it for less...
    2nd day:
    he called and said he might have to return it b/c hes brother cant figure it out... i told him to go on craigslist and find a mobile marine mechanic to do it for way less he said fine...
    7 days later
    his brother called me and said he doesn't want to deal with it and wants me to "stop by and bring his motor" so he can get his money back
    i said im not walmart and cant just take "returns" besides i told him it was sold "as is". not to mention the only reason i sold it was to cover my payment for classes.
    my last advice to him was to buy a manual and grow a sac

ULTRA26 # 1
    If the buyer has documentation to substantiate that the motor is a 1988, and you represented it as a 1994, you will lose in Small Claims. It's fairly simple.

mike37
    If the buyer has documentation to substantiate that the motor is a 1988, and you represented it as a 1994, you will lose in Small Claims. It's fairly simple.
    not if he has papers saying it was sold to him as a 94

squirt'nmyload
    so is the motor an '88 or '94......if you were wrong in telling him the year, then i'd just give the dude his stuff back and call it a day...unless you think going through all the bullshit to fight it would be worth it .

gotboostedvr6
    also since when does a midsection determine what year a motor was? the powerhead and lower clearly are 94 vintage.
    he brought his brother with him before he bought it they were very happy with it i even offered to run it and they declined.

gotboostedvr6
    he doesnt have an expert witness if they dont stand in front of the judge hes just bitching b/c he cant figure out how to install a jap motor.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast