Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: cant keep 70 aquacraft in water

kostelacd69
    ive got a 70 aqua craft and im cant keep it from porpusing from 2800 rpms and up as it starts to hop i have to add more down my plates are 10 inch with an inch of down strut is 18 inch from trans 11.5 15 prop 8 degree angle just wondering if anyone had this problem and has fixed it thanks

Moneypitt
    Can you drive through the hop? What happens at 3500?...........If you just stand on it does it get beyond the hop?..........How much HP?........MP

Ex PSI Canyon
    I saw this boat @ the Bartlett lake gathering, porpoising like crazy, driver was trying to drive through it, actually gave me a little scare with the way that Aqua Craft was reacting, absolutely gorgeous boat has healthy sounding Ford, done a really nice job restoring it but the boat is out of whack. I met you there but forgot your name. Is'nt Bill helping you get that sorted out Bill called me about some props, I have a few left hand pitch if you would like to try em. Matt

biesemeyer34
    There is a guy in spokane washington that has a aquacraft that has controlled the beast. You might try to PM him , goes by the handle of Circle Jerk. When he sees your post he will be all over it. Jimmy D

FlatRat
    There is a guy in spokane washington that has a aquacraft that has controlled the beast. You might try to PM him , goes by the handle of Circle Jerk. When he sees your post he will be all over it. Jimmy D
    There is???
    How you bean Jimmy D?....
    and ,yes C/J has done a nice job on his Shark

kostelacd69
    at 3500 the gets worse i tried to drive throught it but just doesnt happen if i punch it, it just starts hoping right away, im david buy the way but you were close ha and yeah bill and i beating our heads aginst the walls trying to figure this thing out does anyone have a similar boat they can send me there messurements of there set up thanks

Rattle Can Lou
    My Dad has the 18 footer. Docile as hell at 70-75 mph. He has a warmed over big block. It does have a 9 degree shaft angle and a nice Kindsvater three blade prop. I can get measurements if your really lost. But you might find a strut location change and several other things that cost money and lots of time. I think shaft angle is very important as to what you are experiencing. Also engine location. Let me know if I can help.

kostelacd69
    yeah ive been hearing that alot about the angle is 8 to much because thats where mines at im just trying to get other boats messurement just to see how others are set up just trying to get all the info i can

Rattle Can Lou
    If your shaft angle is 8 that is better than 9. The shallower the angle the more push forward instaed of up. I was hoping it wasn't a ski type setup at say 10 to 12. There are people that are a lot smarter than me on here. How far is the rear motor plate from the transom. Inside measurement. Have you set the plate with the handle in the middle adjustment and then level with the bottom? Very important step. How much motor?? HP

kostelacd69
    ive done every plate adj. that you can do and the plate to trans is 28.5 inch and the motor makes 550hp

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast