Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cant keep 70 aquacraft in water

Rattle Can Lou
    The motor was put in there to give more room in the boat, period. If you do move the motor around put it on rails and then your not destroying your stringers. It's not that hard. The Wickens I have sat in the garage for roughly 32 years without any time off the trailer. Your boat and this boat were built by the same company. I would get the boat up off the trailer somehow and get a nice look down the thing or with a straight edge to see if there is anything obvious. I really doubt there is. I think your gonna find it in strut placement, prop, length of plate in relation to some other measurements. I would make that phone call to JJ Beaver, very smart feller.

kostelacd69
    so how would i get ahold of him

Sangster
    "JJ Beaver to a White Courtesy Phone Please"....Sometimes it works...

Rattle Can Lou
    Post #11 his number and response is there....

BIGCHRIS
    Hey, if you dont get it figured out o'll RCL can put his big A$$$$ in it and it wont hop anymore :jawdrop:

Rattle Can Lou
    Hey Slim, have you looked up into your mirrors above the bed lately?

BIGCHRIS
    Hey Slim, have you looked up into your mirrors about the bed lately?
    Yea right ,I am still slimmer than you and Billy B

SnoC653
    I would get the boat up off the trailer somehow and get a nice look down the thing or with a straight edge to see if there is anything obvious. I really doubt there is.
    On the other site this is what he said about the bottom of the boat. " i did have a strait edge on it and its a little wavey but the problem starts at like 35 mph thats 2800 rpms"
    If he knows it is a little wavey fix that first. Not being one of the flatbottom gurus, I'm guessing one person's a little wavey is a profesional builder's OMG that needs fixed. So my suggestion was to fix what he already knows is wrong. I'm afraid to see what the bottom of my old stevens looks like. But, you have to start with the first things first.

Rattle Can Lou
    Ya might be considered a small pain in the arse. Ya got two threads goin on two different websites...youv'e had the best of the best respond... Everybody has told ya the same thing. BOTTOM, bottom and more bottom checking. Hell, ya didn't even know that JJ had responded with his help....I gotta ask, "what were ya thinkin?"

kostelacd69
    yeah thanks buddy i had called him as soon as he responded and talked with him i just didnt know who you were refering too

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast