Thread: Do you know these folks? Havasu!!

Big Warlock
    Did anyone know these folks? They pulled off Havasu about 7 years ago. Had a trailer someplace and a few toys. They had a 33 Daytona, all white, Teague Marine rigged the boat.
    Three guilty in million-dollar embezzlement, tax fraud scheme
    On December 29, 2005 a Castaic couple and a Northridge man pleaded no contest to felony charges for their role in a scheme that stole more than one million dollars from a local irrigation company.
    Former bookkeeper Dina A. Saremi, aka Dina Glave, 35, and Kamron Saremi, 31, each pleaded no contest to one felony count of grand theft and one felony count of filing a false state income tax return. Richard Rodriguez, 34, pleaded no contest to one felony count of grand theft with an enhancement for taking more than $150,000, and one felony count of state income tax evasion.
    During 1999-2000, Saremi abused her position of trust when she fraudulently issued checks to fictitious companies created by Rodriguez and two other individuals, David Gold, 34, of Los Angeles, and Peter Demetrulias, 54, of Newhall. Saremi used her share of the money to pay personal credit cards, buy airline tickets, and make home improvements. In addition, the Saremis failed to claim this money on their 1999-2000 jointly filed state income tax returns. Rodriguez failed to file his 1999 state income tax return. All income is taxable including income from illegal sources.
    The Saremis were ordered to pay the FTB restitution of more than $26,600 and Rodriguez ordered to pay more than $44,500. Dina Saremi faces a maximum sentence of six years in state prison, and Karmron Saremi faces a maximum term of 1 year in county jail. Rodriguez faces a maximum term of three years in state prison.

Havasu1986
    Never heard of them.

Big Warlock
    Apparently they were quite the couple around Havasu! Just curious as to who might have known them.

Bite the Bullet
    I wonder why...if you steal a million...why do you only pay back less than 100K?

OnlyMoney
    I wonder why...if you steal a million...why do you only pay back less than 100K?
    Good lawyers? :idea:

Big Warlock
    The story here is interesting. They actually stole approximately $4 million and caused an additional $4 million in damages. It was actually a construction company. These people are real piles of shiat!! They roamed Havasu for a couple of years with many of their toys.
    The business survived and was sold to a national company. The name of their boat was "Bad Intentions" although there was a mis spelling in the name of the boat. Several others were prosecuted.
    I was just curious as to any who might have known them. Doubt they would come forward.
    As to the money, much of it was spent. Some is suspected to have gone to the Cayman Is.
    I just was thinking about how many people ask how so many young people do it these days. This was one of those people you would scratch your head and wonder. He was a waiter and she was a bookkeeper. The story theyfloated was that her grandfather was loaded and lavished stuff and money on her. Truth was worse than anyone's nightmare.
    It's a done deal. They are in jail or did jail time. Not sure what became of them. Dina went on to get her appraiser license and, no doubt, will look for a bookkeeping job again in a family business. She is ok looking, lots of plastic surgery. She'll do anyone for a buck!! But that's another story. Too bad for her "husband" that he hadn't figured her out. But then, he is just as big a POS as she is.

OnlyMoney
    At first I was wondering if the story was going to be about Scott & Diana Glynn. :idea:
    Glad it wasn't.

Baja Big Dog
    Greeks and Mexicans..thats just trouble....

Big Warlock
    Greeks and Mexicans..thats just trouble....
    you know it!!! LOL

Yes, Yes I do very well!!!

She's just trouble....
    I know Dina very well if anyone is interested. As well as I am very much interested to speak with you Big Warlock as to the info you have and what I have. Maybe piece it all together. I do know she is now divorced from Karmon and married again. This time to Jentry Simpson. They also have or shall I say she has a business but it is majorily in his name on paper West Cal Property Preservation out of Santa Clarita/Newhall. Doing clean up and trash outs of the forclosed bank owned homes or something in that area. I'm sure her names not on it for a reason. And husband has not a clue what goes on. But the ex Karmon he still works for her closely with this new business. Funny thing if you ask me. Anyhow if anyone wants to swap stories let me know. I'd love to see what else I can put together here.

Happy Boating everyone.