Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody running megasquirt?

Boostedballs
    Should I go with a regular stock junkyard 454 injection intake or is there something more performance out there that I should go with?
    That's probably the easiest way to go but some of them aren't actual fuel injectors. There's really two fuel solenoid valves that connect to a spider-looking thing with nozzles on each end. Not the best setup. You want to go with the standard direct injectors. Any intake will work, just need to modify for the injectors. The "throttlebody" can be just a throttle plate from any 4 barrel carb, like the demon. Or, you could saw the bootom off of any carb and just use the throttle plate section. OR, just mill the guts out of any 4 barrel. The slap a throttle position sensor to the side of it. You will still have the idle stop screw to set idle. An idle air control valve (IAC) is nice but not totally neccesary. It keeps the idle at a certain level regardless of what the pump is doing, or what the alternator, or power steering pump is doing. On our monster engines, these are little things. Not the case for the cars they were designed for. If, say, the A/C comes on, the engine might idle too low or stall in a little 4 banger if there was no IAC valve to give it more air.
    -I would use the intake that is best matched for your cam which has no reat riser. Assuming you are going direct injection and not TBI

maxwedge
    Just found this site, seems pretty helpfull.
    http://www.msefi.com/

Budweiser
    Should I go with a regular stock junkyard 454 injection intake or is there something more performance out there that I should go with?
    I am personally considering this one from Edelbrock. It comes ready to go for EFI.
    http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ages/29025.jpg
    CHEVROLET 396-502 V8
    VICTOR JR. 454-R EFI (Up to 7500 rpm)
    VICTOR JR. 454-O EFI (Up to 7500 rpm)
    The Victor Jr. 454 EFI Series (R and O) for big-blocks are optimized for high performance engines. Victor Jr. 454-R is based on our Victor Jr. 454-R #2902 for rectangular-port heads. Victor Jr. 454-O is based on our Victor Jr. 454-O #2904 for large oval-port heads (1975 & earlier). They are designed for optimized flow and feature extended runner dividers, smaller plenum chambers and unique runner design for better 60-foot times and max power from 3000 to 7500 rpm. These manifolds are especially suited to 502 c.i.d. and smaller competition engines.

Blown 472
    That's probably the easiest way to go but some of them aren't actual fuel injectors. There's really two fuel solenoid valves that connect to a spider-looking thing with nozzles on each end. Not the best setup. You want to go with the standard direct injectors. Any intake will work, just need to modify for the injectors. The "throttlebody" can be just a throttle plate from any 4 barrel carb, like the demon. Or, you could saw the bootom off of any carb and just use the throttle plate section. OR, just mill the guts out of any 4 barrel. The slap a throttle position sensor to the side of it. You will still have the idle stop screw to set idle. An idle air control valve (IAC) is nice but not totally neccesary. It keeps the idle at a certain level regardless of what the pump is doing, or what the alternator, or power steering pump is doing. On our monster engines, these are little things. Not the case for the cars they were designed for. If, say, the A/C comes on, the engine might idle too low or stall in a little 4 banger if there was no IAC valve to give it more air.
    -I would use the intake that is best matched for your cam which has no reat riser. Assuming you are going direct injection and not TBI
    A blow thru set up would be fairly easy then??

Budweiser
    A blow thru set up would be fairly easy then??
    Yes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12