Thread: Anyone use an ipod to ipod burner??

Liquid Courage
    Just got back from Miami/Key West and on the plane ride home I was thumbing through the sky mall mag. In there theres this gizmo for 150.00 you can hook up two ipods and burn songs/videos from each other with out having a computer (itunes) in the middle.
    Anyone ever use this? I'm sick of the whole itunes protective BS where I can't get all the songs off my old ipod on to my new one because they (metalica ) dont want songs copied.
    So, anyone have experience with anything like this?

Sweet Addiction
    Sounds like a great idea. How much was it, should be worth a shot to try it.

Mandelon
    Download Yamipod and you can do it on your home computer.
    Or so I have heard.
    I certainly wouldn't promote anything illegal.. :idea:

Liquid Courage
    Sounds like a great idea. How much was it, should be worth a shot to try it.
    was like 125 -150
    Mandelon, I don't think it's exactly illegal if you're not doing it for profit or theres no money loss. meaning you're burning it from your own ipods. I think that's the loop hole in the law and how they can sell a device like this in a magazine. There is a little disclaimer, something about not to reproduce for sale. just like burning copies of dvd's. not illegal unless you sell them.

Havasu1986
    $129.95 www.skymall.com

Liquid Courage
    I ended up purchasing this item and recieved it this week. copied about 300 songs from one ipod to the other with out any problems. The songs were a mix of bought itunes songs and burned from cd songs. Thing burns 8 songs at a time in under a minute. No problems playing the copied songs what-so-ever. And I've hooked both Ipods back up to Itunes to make new playlists with out any problems.
    This thing is absolutely worth every penny!!
    copies songs, videos, shows, movies, and pictures.
    You can also copy songs to an external hard drive for storage.
    There is a disclaimer about how it will burn incripted songs but can not authorize the use of these songs