Thread: Mercury Racing Extended Warranty???

new2cats
    Does anyone have factual information regarding an extended warranty on new 525s.
    How long (if any), how much and through what source...is it a BS warranty like auto extended plans???
    Thanks.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Mercury Racing does not, or at least did not, offer an extended warranty on their engines...

new2cats
    Thanks Scott

drejustice
    From my understanding you can by an extended warranty through a third party that still has to have the work done by merc certified techs. I'm awaiting the info from Ultra on this as I just went with the 525.

new2cats
    From my understanding you can by an extended warranty through a third party that still has to have the work done by merc certified techs. I'm awaiting the info from Ultra on this as I just went with the 525.
    I was referred by someone on HB to "Phoenix American" Warranty/Insurance....waiting on info now! I will pass it on.

lostinboston
    You can get one through brunswick for up to 5 years. I have it on my 525/XR package. It has paid for itself, but is not all inclusive. It does not cover damage to engine caused by header failure, even if it was sold as a package and the headers are faulty. It also only covers parts for the drive rebuild, not service.

new2cats
    You can get one through brunswick for up to 5 years. I have it on my 525/XR package. It has paid for itself, but is not all inclusive. It does not cover damage to engine caused by header failure, even if it was sold as a package and the headers are faulty. It also only covers parts for the drive rebuild, not service.
    Do you have contact info????

lostinboston
    Brunswick Product Protection Corp.
    http://www.boatwarranty.com/