Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat Keel To Rounded Keel for a 19' Eliminator Daytona

Does any one have Pictures of a keel change from flat To Round Keel on a 19 daytona?
    Has any one ever attemted this kind of project,that could share their process?
    I would also Like to see Pictures of a rounded keel on a 19' Daytona,If You have them to share.I would greatly appreciate it.
    How far fore and aft,mainly fore, of the intake does the rounded keel extend? On a V-Hull the rounded keel is pretty much the entire length of the boat.
    Does it go the entire length of the keel?
    Should the keel be Rounded only as much as a rounded intake?
    Any help that can be given,especially with Pic's,would be greatly appreciated....Hal

From Widowmaker's spam thread
    Rounded Keel by Jeff Bennett
    4 Degree Berk set back intake with 2 degree back cut shoe from MPD with shims
    Transom plates for a standard Berk suction piece. Also available Set back doghouse, and Bronze B impeller.

What intake #'s are ya going for Hal? Sorry I'm confused about the whole intake pres thing. All I can gather is just enougph to keep it loaded(10-30 psi?) And equal out top and bottom pres.(if that's possible) :idea: also as a new daytona owner , doesn't the center sponson act as kind of a drop keel?

Sleeper CP
    What intake #'s are ya going for Hal? Sorry I'm confused about the whole intake pres thing. All I can gather is just enougph to keep it loaded(10-30 psi?) And equal out top and bottom pres.(if that's possible) :idea: also as a new daytona owner , doesn't the center sponson act as kind of a drop keel?
    10- 20 is way to low. But it does depend on the hull. We changed pumps some year back and went from 28 psi to 18 and lost 6 mph. With some hardware changes and got the pressure up to 24 psi and picked up 4 mph.
    As CS19 said in the other thread if you can get them to balance (which is not always possable) you might find the best performance.
    With the new set up the pressure was 32 psi at 98 mph,but I'm shooting for 40psi at that location (9 o'clock) and hoping for 102 off the bottle.
    Done with the thread jack
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

widowmaker
    I don't have any pics of the process, since I had someone do mine for me, but I can tell you that there are a lot of factors that go into adding a keel to a boat, like, horsepower, engine placement, weight.........
    There are several people that can help around here, someone should be able to lead you in the right direction.
    Good Luck

Duane HTP
    Putting a dropped keel on a boat is a science all of it's own.
    Take it to someone who knows what they are doing.
    We just spent about $3200.00 on a guys boat, straightening up the bottom after he had installed his own " dropped keel ". Had he brought it to us first, it would have cost about $900.00-$1100.00. my .02 worth.

Placecraft Dragstar
    Duane that goes back to the saying just cry once not twice

sstjet
    Check out ARS Marine. George put a rounded keel on the bottom of his 19 daytona and picked up 10mph. http://www.arsmarine.com/

Placecraft Dragstar
    Check out ARS Marine. George put a rounded keel on the bottom of his 19 daytona and picked up 10mph. http://www.arsmarine.com/
    Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ARS (slang), an Israeli slang term for a person of bad manners.
    Now that is some funny shit there.

sstjet
    Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ARS (slang), an Israeli slang term for a person of bad manners.
    Now that is some funny shit there.
    :sleeping:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast