Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Prime Rib Roast recipe

INSman
    Ready for one more easy one for the best baby back pork ribs? I just made these tonight at work. Im a fireman so we eat at work. This one was an experiment that went right and I have been doing this one for years. First peel the membrane off the back side of the ribs ( you should always do this) If you dont the flavor does no go through the meat as well. Then put on your favorite seasoning(dry rub this is called) My favorite is Alpine touch. I dont know if it is available in all parts of the country. Use what ya got. Now the weird part. Get a pan that can get dirty and put it on you grill. It doesnt matter if it is gas or charcoal. Find a rack to hold the ribs above the pan. It doesnt matter how high above the liquid it is. Then find some cranberry juice or cranberry cocktail and mix with the proper amount of water, and put it in the pan. Then turn on the BBQ to the lowest heat possible and cook for about 4 hours turning the ribs about 2/3 of the way through. Keep an eye on the liquid and ad more water to keep it from burning in the pan. The pan catched the fat so it does not flame up, and the cranberry steams into the meat and it make ribs that taste so good that nobody yet has wanted to put any BBQ sause on them yet. These may be better than Prime rib. E
    Same idea on a bbq rotisserie ?!? :idea:

Hardly Satisfied
    Did you do it "Our" way Ed or the hard way ?!?
    Did it the way 48OFF said. I like a little more red but it came out great. One thing I was not sure of was when turning the oven back on I waited until it hit 300 than set the timer for 45 mins.

INSman
    Did it the way 48OFF said. I like a little more red but it came out great. One thing I was not sure of was when turning the oven back on I waited until it hit 300 than set the timer for 45 mins.
    I did the 45 minutes right from turning the oven back on, there is your extra red my friend

INSman
    I did the 45 minutes right from turning the oven back on, there is your extra red my friend
    What did you do for spices and how did you like what you used ?!?

INSman
    Trying a lamb roast the same way tonight, hope it comes out as good

Hardly Satisfied
    That's what I was thinking.Going to try it the other way like you did.

INSman
    Okay, this recipe DOES NOT work for a boneless lamb roast but I did take it out about 15 minutes before the end of the 2 hr. rest period as I saw the thermo read 140 degrees and it was done.

Baja Big Dog
    Trying a lamb roast the same way tonight, hope it comes out as good
    Ahhhhhh...poke the lamb (leg, with bone!!) with large fork, numerous times, cross cut about two inch squares, half gallon Paisano wine, green onions cut up fine, little bit of sage, some rosemary, pepper, salt a squeeze of lime,. stuff half cloves of garlic, stab meat with fillet knife, stuff about 12-15 pieces of garlic, marinate the roast in the wine and above ingredients, for at least 24 hours, 48 hours wont hurt, turning over every 6 hours, BBQ on real BBQ, with either hickory or mesquite and cook for about two hours, use a thermo, cook slow, turning with tongs, dont poke the meat with a fork after you start cooking.
    Should be pretty good....

wildfire555
    hey i just went out today and got a nice piece of prime rib( a 4.5 LB er) I think im gonna use the 1 hr cook- 2-5 hr rest in oven - 45 min cook method. what should i put the roast in? and should it be covered?

Havasu1986
    hey i just went out today and got a nice piece of prime rib( a 4.5 LB er) I think im gonna use the 1 hr cook- 2-5 hr rest in oven - 45 min cook method. what should i put the roast in? and should it be covered?
    Post #6 pretty much covers what you are going to do.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast