Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banderlog Substitute

Jetaholic
    So I thought about getting the Banderlog valve...
    However, someone clued me into an idea that would be way cheaper to do. Out of curiosity, has anyone thought of getting an MSD RPM Activated switch and a solenoid valve? The RPM switch would run about $70, while the solenoid valve would run another $50-$60. For a total of $130-$140, you could have the ultimate in header water control.
    Install a 2000 RPM pill into the RPM switch and you're good to go!
    I'd like to hear everyones' opinions on this alternative.

Airin' it Out
    Jetaholic
    I've been trying to return your phone call and get in touch with you. I also left you a PM. I got your message last week, but the phone number you left me has been disconnected. PM me or give me a call. Thanks.

IMPATIENT 1
    yep, i know guy doin it already. hotbo from here set his and his dad's tx-19 up thataway. keep in mind, those 12 volt on/off valves aren't meant for repeatedly opening and close'n that's why there's such thing as the banderlog. but the open'close valve is great if you want to control water on/off by a toggle switch

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
    So I thought about getting the Banderlog valve...
    However, someone clued me into an idea that would be way cheaper to do. Out of curiosity, has anyone thought of getting an MSD RPM Activated switch and a solenoid valve? The RPM switch would run about $70, while the solenoid valve would run another $50-$60. For a total of $130-$140, you could have the ultimate in header water control.
    Install a 2000 RPM pill into the RPM switch and you're good to go!
    I'd like to hear everyones' opinions on this alternative.
    Jetahaulic,
    My opinion is for you to ask Radman or REXONE over at the sandbar what they think??
    OHC

Heatseeker
    Jetaholic, one big advantage to the Banderlog valve(besides the positive water control) is that it is a compact, all in one unit. I've seen the set-up you describe used and it involves a couple of components and some additional wiring as opposed to the Bander-valve.
    I like to try and keep thing neat and clean, so the Bander-valve was a much better choice for me.
    Just my $.02.

MudPumper
    Or....for a few bucks you can run a manual valve that wont get stuck or break. Pretty sure Cyclone used to run a valve like you described. It was a homemade job.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Pm Taylorman. He built his own setup and it works killer

I have been using the Banderlog valve for over five yers. Absolutely no problems. There are a couple of other features not mentioned. It can be set up to turn on at 1500 rpm or if the cam warrants it, it can be changed to 2000 rpm. You can also attach a wide open throttle switch and shut off the water to the headers for racing. I would highly recommend the valve!!!!!!!!!!!

IMPATIENT 1
    Pm Taylorman. He built his own setup and it works killer
    where's kevin been, haven't seen him around in a lonnnnnggggg time

Sorry ,wtf, All this to keep your headers dry below "whatever2000-1500R'S" Reversion??????? BASSETT T VALVE?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast