Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oakland Marine Stadium...then and now

sanger mike
    I Was 12 In 1972 And My Sister Would Take Me Over To Oakland Too Watch The Drags, Boy Those Were The Good Ol Days. Thanks For Putting Up The Pics Mfrey. :d

bubbletop409
    1972...Does anyone know...was this "Hot Tuna"?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...k72HotTuna.jpg
    I think that boat may be Robert Jordans "Tasmanian Devil"

Thanks for the memories.. I was there the day the Panic Mouse crashed and killed Ray Cassilli. Very sad day...
    Steve

infotraker
    I still have the newspaper picture and article from the Panic Mouse crash. Loved to watch Ray drive that mouse ! Used to get all my boat parts and machinging down at Vic Hubbards where the Bale brothers hung out (Vic H. sponsored them).

SANGER-RICH
    I was 11 in 1972 when I took this pic...I wanted a boat like this!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...2unkSanger.jpg
    Looks like your wish came true except for the hemi

Fired Up
    Congratulations Mike, your dream came true. We should all be so fortunate. Thanks for posting the photos. They bring back memories of a time long past. My last visit to Oakland was as a young 16 year old with Irv Brendel and Sonny Jones driving the "Hot Damn Hondo". I rode in the back of his pick-up from Three Rivers all the way to the bay area. They wanted to win the Ray Caselli Classic BFF category badly and bring the trophy home. We did...

haulina29
    This sunday at Nimbus the Kiley boys are lighting off their modern muffler fueler its been along time since the sound or smell of nitro has been in the air at Nimbus dam.Its one of the nastiest cacklefest cars i have heard .

FLATS ONLY
    Does any body know the flatbottom driver or boat in that book or where the pic was the pic was taken. Was it at oakland,long beach or ski land ?:idea:Really good pics from when it was real

mfrey
    Congratulations Mike, your dream came true. We should all be so fortunate. Thanks for posting the photos. They bring back memories of a time long past. My last visit to Oakland was as a young 16 year old with Irv Brendel and Sonny Jones driving the "Hot Damn Hondo". I rode in the back of his pick-up from Three Rivers all the way to the bay area. They wanted to win the Ray Caselli Classic BFF category badly and bring the trophy home. We did...
    Hey Fired Up...what year was that? Anyone know when the LAST race was in Oakland? When we started going again in 1980, they were long gone.

mfrey
    This sunday at Nimbus the Kiley boys are lighting off their modern muffler fueler its been along time since the sound or smell of nitro has been in the air at Nimbus dam.Its one of the nastiest cacklefest cars i have heard .
    We have a lot of pics and film from Nimbus from the 1960's. What a great location...Wonder why they don't run there anymore??? Too short?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast